FRDM-K64F lwip tcp echo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F lwip tcp echo

roymessinger
Contributor V

Doing my first steps with the lwip source code, I've tried running the bm source demo of the tcp echo from the ksdk. What I don't understand is that in the overview it is written:

"...The application sends back the received TCP packets from the PC, which can be used to test whether a TCP connection is available."

But at the end, when running the demo I'm receiving just this:

Reply from 192.168.0.102:7, time 0 ms OK

But in the demo I'm sending:

echotool 192.168.0.102 /p tcp /r 7 /d hello

So, how come I'm not receiving the hello word? No matter what I'm writing to the echo tool, I'm always receiving the same 5 lines. I thought I should receive the hello, or any other word I'm sending (isn't this what echo server mean?).

What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi roymessinger

You get 5 lines because this tool tried to send "hello" 5 times. 5 is not the length of "hello", it is the default value

You can change the tried time by /n

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

roymessinger
Contributor V

Hi danielchen@fsl ,

Thanks for your help.

Still, the main idea of echo server is that it sends back the text it received. Isn't it?

I did not get anything here...

Roy

0 Kudos