Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composite USB device (keyboard + mouse) doesn't enumerate

Jump to solution
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of implementing a composite USB device featuring a keyboard and a mouse interface. Unfortunately, enumeration fails. I've just uploaded the code to GitHub.

I know that making this work is far from trivial, and I'd be happy to pay to an expert.

Thank you very much in advance!

- Laci

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Laci,

The latest KSDK 2.0 has provided such kind of demo , you may use it as a starting point for your application. Please kindly refer to  Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert to get the download, and you will find that demo in the folder of, for example, C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\usb_device_composite_hid_mouse_hid_keyboard.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

NXP Technical Support
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ruslansirota
Contributor I

Hi,

Try to use this device descriptor:

uint8_t g_device_descriptor[DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_SIZE] =

{

DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_SIZE,               /* "Device Descriptor Size        */

USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR,                /* "Device" Type of descriptor    */

0x00,0x02,                                           /*  BCD USB version               */

0xEF,                                              //DEVICE_DESC_DEVICE_CLASS,

/*  Device Subclass is indicated in the interface descriptors  */

0x02,                                              //DEVICE_DESC_DEVICE_SUBCLASS,

/*  Device Protocol  */

0x01,                                              //DEVICE_DESC_DEVICE_PROTOCOL,

CONTROL_MAX_PACKET_SIZE,              /*  Max Packet size               */

0xa2,0x15,                            /*  Vendor ID   */

0x00, 0x02,                           /*  Product ID  */

0x00, 0x02,                           /*  BCD Device version */

0x01,                                 /*  Manufacturer string index     */

0x02,                                 /*  Product string index          */

0x00,                                 /*  Serial number string index    */

0x01                                  /*  Number of configurations      */

};

It's mean that device defined to use interface descriptors for enumeration.

More information you can find: www.usb.org/developers/docs/whitepapers/iadclasscode_r10.pdf

And also you can find the Composite Device User's Guide.pdf in KSDK doc/usb folder.

Regards,

Ruslan

0 Kudos
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi Ruslan,

I've tried your suggestion and it didn't work. I think the current device descriptor should be fine as it's the one used by the dev_hid_audio_bm_frdmk22f example which also implements a composite device.

Figuring this out would likely involve analyzing the USB communication between the host and device and correcting the code accordingly.

- Laci

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Laci,

The latest KSDK 2.0 has provided such kind of demo , you may use it as a starting point for your application. Please kindly refer to  Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert to get the download, and you will find that demo in the folder of, for example, C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\usb_examples\usb_device_composite_hid_mouse_hid_keyboard.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

NXP Technical Support
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
laszlomonda
Contributor IV

Hi Kan,

Thank you so much for the idea! I've just downloaded KSDK 2.0 and the mentioned demo works perfectly. The timing of the KSDK 2.0 release couldn't have been better!

I plan to add a raw HID interface to the mouse and keyboard interfaces, but as for now this is working perfectly.

All hail the KSDK developers!

- Laci

0 Kudos