cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling the KDSK

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Good morning

I am trying to build the lbrary. I get incomprehensible problems building with the command line and I prefer to build using the CodeWarrior framework.

I will need the ethernet, and in the path boards\common I find two directories : phyksz8041 and phyksz8081. They appear to be mutually exclusive.

Which one to choice?

Thank You

Pietro

Labels (1)
3 Replies

pietrodicastri
Senior Contributor II

Hi Jorge

The final target will follow the one on the FRDM platform. I see the names ksz8041 and ksz8081 follow the names of the micrel devices which should be used

for using the example codes as they are. Confirm me this consideration please.

I have compiled the KDSK with the CodeWarrior using some force, I did not test but I am confident.

I wait for Your reply

Thank You

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro:

That is correct, the folders are named according to the phy device.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pietro di Castri:

KSDK is only available right now for a few boards, what device do you have?

Also KSDK is not prepared to be compiled with CodeWarrior since CW will not be supported. You can use instead KDS, IAR, Keil or GCC standalone tools.

Regarding the directories, the correct folder depends again on the board you use. e.g. in the TWR-SER board used with the different MCU tower boards, there is a ksz8041 Ethernet phy, while the FRDM-K64F has a ksz8081.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos