cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Measure issue in position control

bansondou
Contributor II

Dear,

When i start a position with LINIX-45ZWN24-40 BLDC motor(24V, 2P, 4000R/M) and EB38S6A-1000-3L G2 Encoder, i found a problem in motor measure step as below. Could you tell me how to resolve this probelm.

PMSM_Position_measure_motor_issue.PNG

Labels (1)
9 Replies

randyfields
Contributor II

What step did you get this error in?

I got this error too while tuning my motor in the "Automatic Parameter Measurement" step.  I was tuning with a rotor attached that had a high inertia.  The way I fixed it was to reduce the "Flux Identification Speed" % gradually until it quit getting the error and it passed.

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Randy, great point.  Couple of things to note here.  This error can only occur when performing the flux identification as that step requires rotating the motor.  Additionally, that is why it is important that the motor be as disconnected from any load or inertia when performing this tuning.  In order to get an accurate identification, we need to be sure that the motor can freely spin.

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Did you attempt the resolution steps in the message?  Since the LINIX motor does not have a rear shaft, you may need to switch the A & B phases of the encoder so that the motor and encoder are aligned to the same direction.

0 Kudos

bansondou
Contributor II

I have tried all scenarios (total 6 kinds connection type), but failed. Does the LINIX motor can not be used to position control?

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

I've used the linix motor with position control successfully using an encoder. 

What number are you putting in to Encoder Lines?  This value should be the number of lines on the encoder wheel and not the maximum count.  I've been unable to find a datasheet for your encoder to know if the 1000 refers to number of lines or to maximum count.

0 Kudos

bansondou
Contributor II

Hello, Mr. Reynolds. I put in 1000 to Encoder Lines which be marked in encoder's nameplate. You can find the below picture. Could you please give me some suggestion how to do. Thank you~

encoder.jpg

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

You can try putting 250 for the number of encoder lines.

Next resolution steps would be to switch to Motor Manager, and navigate to the Position Control tab.  Manually rotate the motor shaft anti-clockwise (when looking at the face of the motor) and ensure that you are getting positive numbers in Position Feedback.  If you are getting negative numbers, switch the A & B phases of the encoder.  If you are getting 0,, verify the wiring of your encoder since the MCU is not able to see the encoder pulses.

bansondou
Contributor II

Hello, Mr. Adam Reynolds:

I have changed encoder lines from 1000 to 250. But problem is still occured. I used LINIX-45ZWN24-40 motor which is 2 poles motor. My question is that is it can used into position control?  And how to switch to motor manager? Thank you~

0 Kudos

linestream-adam
Senior Contributor I

Yes, I've used the Linix motor for position controller successfully many times.  The issues you are running into are related to the wiring of the encoder and/or motor.  When running in position control it is important that the direction or rotation is aligned for the encoder and the motor.

You can switch to Motor Manager by clicking the 2018-04-23 07_53_51-Kinetis Motor Suite_ C__Work_420maFRDM_Freescale_ARM_iar_frdmkv31fInTAC_ProjectT.png button.

0 Kudos