How Program Custom Hardware without erase KMS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Program Custom Hardware without erase KMS?

Jump to solution
sergigomis
Contributor III

Hi.

I make a custom hardware with MKV31F512P.

Now, I try to program/debug with P&E Multilink, but I don't be able to start the system.

The mass storage options are disabled.  I try to preserve the memory from 0x7E000 to 0x7FFFF where is located the KMS library in the "Advanced Options" on "Debugger tab", but I think the debugger erase all device because the program HALT in next line:

"v->nonClearableFaults.bits.secureMotorObserverRomIdFault = !GetMotorObserverSecureVersionIsCompatible();"

I using KDS3.2, KMS1.0.1 and P&E micro interface debugging 2.7.5

Can help me anyone?

Monday I try mount a new board and I try to program using the FRDM31 board as programmer using OpenSDA intead the MultiLink.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
sergigomis
Contributor III

Finally I found the problem.

I have never worked with j-link debugger.  By default, the debugger, fill the "Device Name"  with "CORTEX-M4".

To work properly, I must write:  "MKV31F512xxx12".

j-link.jpg

Finally I succees program my own board and WORKS !!!!!.

Thank for all Philip.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sergigomis
Contributor III

Today I try to program my MKV31F512P board using the FRDM-KV31 programmer (OpenSDA) bridge, but I don't able to start the KMS inside the microcontroller.

Please.... I need help !!!

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sergi,

If you try to use the "Preserve Memory" option on protected flash space used by KMS then the debugger interface may have done a mass erase.

The fact that now you are getting hard fault is a good indication of the KMS library being erased. 

The only fix I can offer is to replace the MCU with another factory programmed part. 

Once replaced make sure that this time:

1) to not try to use any of the advanced settings to preserve the memory.

2) to grab the latest P&E Eclipse updates. Here is a snap-shot of my KDS3.2 Help --> installation details information:

pastedImage_1.png

I understand that P&E will be updating their eclipse plug ins very soon.  This might also include a firmware update for the multilink and the developement hardware.  Check this out by going to www.pemicro.com/opensda/

I've just tested this with KDS3.2 with the installation profile above and a P&E Multilink FX Rev A with good result. I was able to download the reference project to my hardware and run and debug from the multilink. 

For communication with the KMS GUI did you maintain a serial link to the PC ? 

0 Kudos
sergigomis
Contributor III

Hi Philip.

Here is my KDS instaled components.

Kinetis.jpg

Today I re-flash the FRDM-KV31 Boot with the Segger Jlink OPENSDA 2.1 firmware, as you explained in this thread: FRDM-KV31F boards shipped with MBED debug firmware 

Now I try two new boards with new MKV31F512VLL-P and the FRDM-KV31 is always in Reset State (In both new boards), and GDB Server can't connect with my board.

If I use an old MKV31 with erased KMS the JLINK-Debugger/Programmer works well.

Tomorrow I try to program with a J_LINK EDU they have lent me.

0 Kudos
sergigomis
Contributor III

Finally I found the problem.

I have never worked with j-link debugger.  By default, the debugger, fill the "Device Name"  with "CORTEX-M4".

To work properly, I must write:  "MKV31F512xxx12".

j-link.jpg

Finally I succees program my own board and WORKS !!!!!.

Thank for all Philip.