cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb printing device

yusupkhan
Contributor II

Dear All,

We are doing thermal printer for our OEM customer. We have printer driver of pos58 for other printer. We are using MKL-26 for our project.

In device manager, Our printer is coming into COM PORT List (Virtual Com Port). But other printer is coming into USB List(USB Printing Support).

Herewith I have attached text file for properties of our printer and other printer. Kindly let me know that what changes I have to do in my program to convert our printer device from Virtual Com Port to USB Printing Support.

If you require any further information, please let me know.

Best regards,

Yusup Khan

Original Attachment has been moved to: freescale.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: stm.txt.zip

4 Replies

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yusup,

In your USB project, you can find an usb_descriptor.c (our usb_device_descriptor.c) file which contains the descriptor array that defines device's capabilities and other parameters. This descriptor contains information about what class the device is, how many interfaces the device uses, which endpoints are used in every interface, etc. You need to modify some parameters from this descriptor in order  to be recognized by the host as a printer device.

What example are you using? or can you share your usb_descriptor file to point the exact modifications that are needed?

Also, if you are using KSDK 2.0, there is a basic USB printer device example (for K21) that is located at: <SDK_2.0_MK12DN512xxx5_PATH>\boards\twrk21d50m\usb_examples\usb_device_printer_virtual_plain_text that you can use as reference.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Isaac

yusupkhan
Contributor II

Dear Isaac,

Good day to you

Sorry for the delay. Thanks and nice explanation.  Herewith I have shared usb_device_descriptor.c. Kindly guide me what modification is required to this file?

I am using CodeWarrior Version: 10.5. Meanwhile I will install and check printer example in KSDK.

Looking forward for your continuous support

Thanks & Best regards,

Yusup Khan

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yusup,

Basically, You have to define how many interfaces your device uses, what kind of class the device is, etc. In the example that i mentioned, this is defined here:

Printer descriptor.jpg

I would recommend to check this example and if you still have any doubt do not hesitate on contact me!

Regards,

Isaac

yusupkhan
Contributor II

Dear Isaac,

Good day to you

I thank you. Printer board (MKL26) is working with the modified code that you have mentioned.

Windows PC is displaying “USB Printing device has connected” when I am connecting printer device.

I would like to thank you again and looking forward for your continuous support in case of any major obstacles in our path.

With Regards
Yusup Khan

0 Kudos