cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can not debbug in the KL25Z FRDM...

Jump to solution
josealonsovalle
Contributor III

Hi, I am new in this of the kinetis microcontroller, and i have the FRDM KL25Z but when i wanna debbug, codewarrior shows  a error alert....Can somebody help me please??...

ddd.PNG.png

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose,

have you switched to the SDA debug application? It looks like you are running the wrong firmware for debugging.

See

The Freescale OpenSDA Trap: “No Device Available”, or something like that…. | MCU on Eclipse

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

By default the firmware running in the OpenSDA device is the MSD, you have to program the debug application into OpenSDA.

Follow the OpenSDA User Guide.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/OPENSDAUG.pdf?fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Users Guides&WT_VENDOR=FREESCALE&WT_FILE_FORMAT=pdf&WT_ASSET=Documentation

1. Getting into Bootloader Mode
  2. Program the P&E Debug Application

Then CW will detect your debugger device.

Best Regards,

Luis

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose,

have you switched to the SDA debug application? It looks like you are running the wrong firmware for debugging.

See

The Freescale OpenSDA Trap: “No Device Available”, or something like that…. | MCU on Eclipse

josealonsovalle
Contributor III

Thanks bro, already i can debbug my board....

0 Kudos
nasreenshaikh
Contributor III

HI Jose,

Which device are you using for debugging? Multilink, Cyclone pro, Jtag, or OSBDM? you will need the drivers for whichever debugging tool you are using.

0 Kudos
josealonsovalle
Contributor III

Hi, i believe that is the OPEN SDA, and i did install the drivers of the FRDM. The KL25 FRDM don't need a BDM..

0 Kudos