freedom board as programmer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freedom board as programmer

andyvoss
Contributor II

I have a Freedom KE02 board I am using as a programmer for a stand-alone KE02 system.  I am using J7 as the programming interface, after disconnecting the dataline from the on-board KE02. 

I have to use the stand-alone system at 5V.  In order to keep using the Freedom board while powered up at 5V, I will disconnect V3.3 from J7.  Should I put a 1KOhm resistor in line with the SWD_DIO or CLK lines?  I am using TXD and RXD with 1KOhm resistors in line with those signals.

Please help, I also use FreeMaster so having the stand-alone and the Freedom boards connected while operating is required.  I just don't want to hurt anything.

Thank you!

Andy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andy,

Regarding to your query, I'd highly recommend you to use the 3.3-5 logic convert chip. I think it's good way to work it out.

You can learn the more information about it by through the link as below.

http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN240.pdf
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos