cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eGUI 3.0 demo on TWR-LCD-RGB

Jump to solution
GeneGoff
Contributor III

I can run the eGUI 3.0 demo on the TWR-LCD-RGB just fine, but a couple of graphic objects don't show:

1) None of the Group Box Titles show but the group boxes and their content show fine.  I see the title text strings in the code but for some reason they don't get displayed.

2) The OK button in the Settings screen does not show it's title text "OK", the button just shows a blank button.  Again I can see the title text strings in the code but for some reason they don't get displayed.

Please explain why these text strings are not showing.  All other text strings for the various objects display fine.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hi again Gene,

Please be sure that the SD card is inserted when the demo starts and be sure that the files "Arial8.d4l" and "CourierNew8.d4l" are located in the path "SDCARD:/Fonts/" (the files that you need in the SD card are located in "eGUI-master\_Official_Demos\EGUI_Demo\SD_Card_Content\Fonts" in the repository that you downloaded from Gargy007/eGUI · GitHub​).

Regards,

Earl.

View solution in original post

42 Replies
abhishekinamdar
Contributor II

I m working on the similar project please help me out.:

How to Develop Graphics LCD (128x64 dot matrix NT7108C - Driver) MQX RTOS Project on TWR‐K60D100M bo...

thanks and regards

Abhishek

0 Kudos
EarlOrlando
Senior Contributor II

Hi Gene Goff,

Which version of MQX and which IDE are you using? Could you please attach the project?

Thanks in advance,

Earl.

0 Kudos
GeneGoff
Contributor III

I'm using MQX 4.1 or 4.2 (I'm not at the workstation right now), the latest IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM (7.3 ?), and the project is the stock Demo included in the latest eGUI version 3.0 available at www.freescale.com\egui.

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

You should use the latest version:

https://github.com/Gargy007/eGUI

This project moved to Open Source.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
elisamejia
Contributor III

Hello Luis,

I'm just getting to know eGUI and I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with:

1) Do I necessarily need to use MQX or can I make a simpler application just using eGUI and CW?

2) How am I supposed to arrange the D4D files in a CW 10.6 Bareboard project?

3) I am working with the K70 tower module and the TWR-LCD-RGB and I want to display a single picture for now. If I use the Freescale Embedded GUI Converter, I can get the code for any picture that I want. Which is the code structure that I need to use in the main in order to call this .h file that the converter returns and display the picture?

Thank you in advance!

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elisa,

1) No, eGUI supports bare metal, you don't need an OS. You can find a K70 example here : https://community.freescale.com/message/363679#363679

It is using PE, but using PE is not mandatory.

2) Check the project in 1)

3) The code is the same in bare metal or using RTOS.

Declare piture:

D4D_DECLARE_STD_PICTURE(board, BRD_POSX, BRD_POSY, &bmp_table)

Add picture to screen:

D4D_DECLARE_STD_SCREEN_BEGIN(screen_main, ScreenMain_)

D4D_DECLARE_SCREEN_OBJECT(board)  

D4D_DECLARE_SCREEN_END()   

Regards,

Luis

elisamejia
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your explanation. I have been able to load the example in the K70 and the TWR-LCD-RGB and it was working just fine. However, when I created a new project in the same workspace, the example project began to throw some errors in the processor expert components. Should I not create different projects in the same workspace when working with eGUI?

And if i want to load a picture, I supposse I should declare it in the main file. Am I right?

Regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elisa,

No, you should be able to have more projects using eGUI and PE in the same workspace.

And yes, you have to declare the picture and of course generate it with the EGUI converter.

Luis

0 Kudos
elisamejia
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

I'm struggling with this.

I am trying to create my own project using the one that you recommended as a template. When I added the D4D files, I was getting a lot of errors regarding the inclusion of the files, so I changed the ARM Compiler options and now I don't have such errors. However, I am getting 78 errors regarding the low level drivers files (hw_iic.c, d4dlcdhw_k70_lcdc.c, and d4dlcdhw_twrrgbb.c). All these errors are due to undeclared variables and functions that are used in the D4D files, but I have not modified those and have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

What am I suppose to do with these errors?

Regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Elisa,

Are you able to import, build and debug the project in the community as first step?

Best Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
elisamejia
Contributor III

Hi Luis,

Yes I am, the project works just fine. However, it seems to be tricky: yesterday it was working fine, then it throw some errors from the Processor Expert even if all I had done was create a new project in the same workspace, and now it works fine once again.

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok,

So, why not simply copy & paste the Project, change the name and modify the sources, PE objects,..etc.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
elisamejia
Contributor III

Hello Luis,

I have succeeded showing a single picture in the TWR-LCD-RGB and now I understand a little bit more how the code works. What I'm trying to do now is to graph a single ADC channel using the graph object from the eGUI widgets.

So first I created the graph object. About this, I would like to know if it is possible to draw a box around the grids or if I should use another object instead of the graph, in order to have the axis, the scales and the axis labels visible.

Then, what I want to do first is to graph the on-board potentiometer value, but I'm not sure how should I add the trace. This is what I have so far:

D4D_GRAPH_VALUE myTrace[200];

D4D_DECLARE_STD_GRAPH_BEGIN(Graph, NULL, 20, 136, 430, 100, 5, 7, 200, FONT_ARIAL7_HIGH, FONT_ARIAL7)

D4D_DECLARE_GRAPH_TRACE(myTrace, D4D_COLOR_BLACK, D4D_LINE_THIN, D4D_GRAPH_TRACE_TYPE_LINE)

D4D_DECLARE_GRAPH_END()

And then I declare the object in the screen:

D4D_DECLARE_STD_SCREEN_BEGIN(screen_Graph, ScreenGraph_)

D4D_DECLARE_SCREEN_OBJECT(Graph)

D4D_DECLARE_SCREEN_END()

I'm guessing I should add to myTrace[] the value of the ADC every time it is done, however it doesn't seem to be working if I call the ADC functions in the OnMain() function and add the acquired value using D4D_GraphAddTracesData (D4D_OBJECT_PTR pObj, D4D_GRAPH_VALUE *pValues).

Please, can you help me with this?

Regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
elisamejia
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I hope this is my last question. I'm trying to start a project from scratch in order to be able to begin working in a different project without needing to import the example that you suggested. I have created a new bareboard project and added all the D4D files, without any problem. Then I added the same D4D Application files to see if they work in this new project. I still don't get any error but when I run the project in the tower system nothing is displayed in the LCD. I am trying to use the USB Multilink connection and the OSJTAG that is available for the K70, both in Flash.

Should I change the connections or add something different to the project?

Regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Are you using PE in the new Project? How are you configuring the tick timer, CPU clocks, etc? D4D driver will only configure the LCDC and expecting the right PLL settings. Those configuration is done in the PE CPU object and LDD_Timer. Otherwise you have to write the code to configure the CPU and timer properly.

Regards,

Luis

elisamejia
Contributor III

Hello Luis,

I'm trying to graph a sinusoidal signal in the d4d_graph object. However, it doesn't seem to be working fine due to the D4D_GRAPH_VALUE data type, apparently it approximates every double value to an integer so the graph does not look smooth.

Do you know how can I do this?

Best regards,

Elisa

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elisa,

Find attached an example i have of graph showing a sinusoidal signal.  It changes the amplitude and frequency with a timer.

Luis

elisamejia
Contributor III

Hello again, Luis.

So far, everything works just fine. Now, in my application, I need to run-time change the text in labels. I've been able  to change it but in edit boxes. However if I touch any of the edit boxes the system crashes. The edit boxes are not touchenabled. How can I change the text in labels, or make sure that if the edit boxes are touched the system won't fail?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Elisa,

You will need declare _INRAM de objects that you need change in runtime. Otherwise everything is declared in ROM (Flash) by default.

Luis