Which NXP ARM processsors have LIN capability ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NXP ARM processsors have LIN capability ?

Jump to solution
aht0
Contributor I

I am looking for potential alternatives for my current uC. Currently published it under Kinetis space, since there's no 'general uc' space.

Searching through datasheets and reference manuals, I can't pinpoint where to look when I want to find uC-s that have LIN protocol capability. DigiKey suggests that only MK22FN 1M0 AV LK 12 has LIN but I couldn't confirm that in the Datasheet.

I am more interested in low pin count and/or small footprint uC, 64...80 WLCSP, QFN...

Kinetis doesn't have to be the only uC family. ARM and KEIL support is more critical.

Thanks a bunch!

//Edit: typos.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ahto Moorast,

If you want to check whether the MCU has the LIN function or not, you need to check the reference manual, not the datasheet.

You can check the UART chapter.

Now, just take your MK22FN1M0VALK12 as an example:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

So, it has the LIN function.

If you don't want to use this chip, you also can select other chip which it meet your other demand at first, then check the MCU which you want to select, find the reference manual, open UART chapter, check whether the UART have the LIN break detect and the break transmit function or not, if yes, it has the LIN function.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ahto Moorast,

If you want to check whether the MCU has the LIN function or not, you need to check the reference manual, not the datasheet.

You can check the UART chapter.

Now, just take your MK22FN1M0VALK12 as an example:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

So, it has the LIN function.

If you don't want to use this chip, you also can select other chip which it meet your other demand at first, then check the MCU which you want to select, find the reference manual, open UART chapter, check whether the UART have the LIN break detect and the break transmit function or not, if yes, it has the LIN function.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

aht0
Contributor I

Thanks for the info!

It's a bit tedious but does the work I guess. I didn't know to look for the break condition (not so home with the LIN). When I was just looking for keyword "LIN", then most reference manuals didn't show anything. So that would be wise for NXP to add to simplify search and to tell definitively whetver it has LIN capability or not (not all U(S)ART modules do). Obscure parameters lead to more questions than answers.

0 Kudos