Which Kinetis support Memory Swap as per AN4533?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Kinetis support Memory Swap as per AN4533?

lokuate
Contributor III

I'm developing with Kinetis KL15 and will like to implement OTA upgrading of my devices, that's how I bumped into AN4533, however, I can't find a KL1X MCU that supports Memory Swap, I will like to see which Kinetis support such functionality... Is there a cross-reference sort of tool I can use to filter out by that function?

Kindest Regards,

Carlos

3 Replies

Lupo
Contributor III

That's a good question, and I face the same problem!

A couple of years ago I have developped a product with a MK22FN1M0, but I found it by chance.

Now that I need a low cost mcu in the 2x128kB-2x256kB flash range with about 32-48pin (no usb-can-special modules), I am unable to find any information to identify the mcus which have 2 P-flash memory blocks...

Do someone knows some mcu that can fit my needs?

Thanks, michael

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carlos.

Yes, there is a solution advisor tool to search for parts, but I think there is not a filter for swap functionality. The link is below:

Solution Advisor Product Selector|Freescale

Unfortunately currently there are no Kinetis L parts with memory swap capability. The rule of thumb to support swap function is to have at least 2 P-flash memory blocks. For reference check the discussion: Re: Flash memory Swap Feature for K10.

If you want a KL part and have firmware upgrade, then the option is a bootloader.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lokuate
Contributor III

Yes... I used that tool and looked for devices with 2 Flash banks but I got several DX devices with FlexMemory and I previously read Flex Memory does not support Swap functionality.

I need the lower cost device that supports memory swap, I do not want to migrate to a K60 triple the price of a KL15... My boss will fire me.

Thank you,

Carlos

0 Kudos