Which Kinetis series microcontrollers can be programmed using FRDM-K20D50M Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Kinetis series microcontrollers can be programmed using FRDM-K20D50M Board?

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi

I want to know which uc can be programmed using Open SDA? I would be making custom boards with new (factory) programmed microcontrollers. Is there any way I can use onboard OpenSDA to program new uc? If This issue is cleared then many new learners can use freescale for low cost product development.

Kind Regards

Amit

4 Replies

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

I Think we cannot directly use open SDA for other uc we would be needing to change the open SDA to USBDM my changing bootloader.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

The OpenSDA interface in the FRDM-K20D50M board only support to program the K20, it will fail to program the other MCU.

However FSL already provided another version of the OpenSDA, I think it could meet your needs.

Please get the more detail information about the OpenSDA interface through the link as follow.

OpenSDAv2
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amit_Kumar1
Senior Contributor II

Hi

As per the documentation if i m correct, OpenSDAV2 Supports different hardware but it don't work with Code Warrior?

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Amit,

100% right.

The updated KDS could work well with the OpenSDA2, you can use it instead of the Code warrior.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!