Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is LP Trusted Crypto (LTC)?

Jump to solution
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I am very interested in the LP Trusted Crypto (of K8x?).

I would like to know much more than describe in BRKINETISSECSOLS (Kinetis MCUs Security an integrity Solution Brochure).

Are there any good materials to learn it?

Thank you and best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Kinetis MCU LTC is a new feature of the K8 products:

Cryptographic co-processor for AES, DES and public key cryptography

• Combines multiple cryptographic hardware accelerator engines, which share common registers.
  • AES128 and AES256 support; and support for
    • Confidentiality (ECB, CBC, CTR, OFB, CFB128)
    • Authenticated confidentiality (CCM)
    • Authentication (XCBC-MAC, CMAC)
  • Single- and triple-DES functionality and ECB, CBC, CFB, and OFB modes as well as key parity checking in compliance with the DES specification.
  • Public key hardware accelerator capable of performing a number of different operations used in public-key cryptography, including modular arithmetic functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, exponentiation, reduction, and inversion, as well as elliptic curve functions for point addition, point doubling, and point multiplication.
  • Deployed in Kinetis K8x MCUs.

At present we do not have much more information and after the K8 mass production, the LTC detail will been available with the SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Kinetis MCU LTC is a new feature of the K8 products:

Cryptographic co-processor for AES, DES and public key cryptography

• Combines multiple cryptographic hardware accelerator engines, which share common registers.
  • AES128 and AES256 support; and support for
    • Confidentiality (ECB, CBC, CTR, OFB, CFB128)
    • Authenticated confidentiality (CCM)
    • Authentication (XCBC-MAC, CMAC)
  • Single- and triple-DES functionality and ECB, CBC, CFB, and OFB modes as well as key parity checking in compliance with the DES specification.
  • Public key hardware accelerator capable of performing a number of different operations used in public-key cryptography, including modular arithmetic functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, exponentiation, reduction, and inversion, as well as elliptic curve functions for point addition, point doubling, and point multiplication.
  • Deployed in Kinetis K8x MCUs.

At present we do not have much more information and after the K8 mass production, the LTC detail will been available with the SDK.

0 Kudos
yasuhikokoumoto
Senior Contributor I

Hello Fang Li,

thank you for your reply.

I understood well.

By the way, what does 'LP' stand for?

Is it Low Power?

Best regards,

Yasuhiko Koumoto.

0 Kudos