cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Flash the target in TWR-K64F120M

danielmancuso
Contributor I

Hello,

I´m trying to flash the K64 target in the TWR-K64F120M using the P&E Debugger.

I´m using Keil uVision V5. When I try to flash, I get ERROR 18 (see picture below). I can see that the Selected device is not MK64, I´ve tried with different K60 targets, and in the PEMICRO Connection Manager window previous programming, is showed "Target CPU: ARM-Autodetect"

Might be this the issue? Where can I find the right target file?

P&E_debugger_error.png

I´ve checked the installed bootloader app version and seems to be the last one (v1.14):

OpenOCDversion_in_TWr.png

I´ve also tried with the Toolchain proposed in MCU on Eclipse | Everything on Eclipse, Microcontrollers and Software (Eclipse Kepler + P&E GDB server) and this is the output I get:

P&E Server Error output.png

In the TWR board, I´ve installed J39 (SWD_CLK_TGTMCU), and J10,J15 are in position 2-3 (UART1_TX_K20_EN & UART1_RX_K20_EN connected to the target)

Board serial number: 631879-00873-0214-27943

Schematic rev.: 27943 REV B1

Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Daniel Mancuso -  Hardware Engineer @ relayr.io

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

GarySegal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

On the TWR-K64F120M, J39 connects the clock from the on board OpenSDA to the K64's JTAG port.

J39 needs to be installed when using OpenSDA.

J39 needs to be removed when using an external JTAG device.

Its not clear if you're using a P&E JTAG tool or OpenSDA.  If you're using a P&E tool, please remove J39 and see if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,

-Gary Segal

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniel:

Have you by any chance tried with CodeWarrior v10.5 or v10.6?

I tried from my side with the same board revision and it worked out of the box with CW using OpenSDA (indeed the board has the jumper setup mentioned by Erich).

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but right know I do not have the software tools you mention. If I can get to recreate a similar environment I will give you my feedback.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos