cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Multilink: missing mini-10 ribbon

Jump to solution
Alberto_g
Contributor III

After  testing with some Freedom Boards, I designed a board with a Kinetis L processor, and I am waiting for the first samples.

In the meantime I ordered a Multilink Universal programmer, having discovered from this forum that it is complicated or impossible to use the Freedom Board's programmer for anything else than its CPU.

Today I received the programmer and the mini-10 cable is not there.  The mini-20 (Kinetis K) is there, and also four different 0,1" cables.

The packing list does not help: it only shows a "set of ribbon cables" entry.

- Is the mini-10 cable missing from my package only?

- Is the mini-10 the standard interface for Kinetis L?

- What am I supposed to do?

Yes, I know that a company which needs SEVEN different interfeces for its CPUs can screw this and other things.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zahar
Contributor IV

Alberto,

The 10-pin mini cable seems like the ideal choice for the L series of Kinetis since it doesn't have external trace signals, but either the 10-pin or 20-pin cable can be used. The first 10 pins of the 20-pin cable essentially are the 10-pin connector, pin for pin. So if you don't have an alignment/key problem, you can fit the 20-pin ribbon to the 10-pin connector.

The 10-pin mini ribbon cable is now shipping from the factory with the U-MULTILINK, but some units in distribution may not include the cable. The U-MULTILINK units with lot code "BOPE1245HF" or higher include the 10-pin mini ribbon cable. The "1245" part of the lot code indicate week 45 of year 2012.

We have made the 10 pin mini ribbon cable available on the Pemicro website for those customers who already have the Multilink Universal (U-MULTILINK). Please contact me directly and I will send you a 10-pin mini cable.

Regards,

Zahar

P&E

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_g
Contributor III

The kind people at P&E are sending me the cable.

Excellent service.

Thanks to all.

0 Kudos
Zahar
Contributor IV

Alberto,

The 10-pin mini cable seems like the ideal choice for the L series of Kinetis since it doesn't have external trace signals, but either the 10-pin or 20-pin cable can be used. The first 10 pins of the 20-pin cable essentially are the 10-pin connector, pin for pin. So if you don't have an alignment/key problem, you can fit the 20-pin ribbon to the 10-pin connector.

The 10-pin mini ribbon cable is now shipping from the factory with the U-MULTILINK, but some units in distribution may not include the cable. The U-MULTILINK units with lot code "BOPE1245HF" or higher include the 10-pin mini ribbon cable. The "1245" part of the lot code indicate week 45 of year 2012.

We have made the 10 pin mini ribbon cable available on the Pemicro website for those customers who already have the Multilink Universal (U-MULTILINK). Please contact me directly and I will send you a 10-pin mini cable.

Regards,

Zahar

P&E

0 Kudos
JimDon
Senior Contributor III

If you contact P&E  they should send you one.

I believe it was supposed to be included....