cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR KV58F220M : RedLed

Jump to solution
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II
When connecting the host PC and TWR-KV58F220M , the red LED near J25 will light up.
The same thing happens even if I connect again.
I can not write software using Mbed.
Please tell me how to solve it.
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From your pictures, your chip is secured to the highest level, then you can't unlock the on board KV58 chip any more, you need to remove the board KV58 chip and solder a new KV58 chip.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply.

I am asking the supplier to exchange the board.

I understand your recommendation.

From now on, I will buy the board from NXP official distributor.
0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Takehiko Katsuta,

Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Only the board from the NXP official distributor, that board's quality can be guaranteed.
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Takehiko,

Thanks for your updated information.

After the communication through the case yesterday, I still recommend you buy the board from NXP official distributor:

Distributor Network|NXP 

Then the product quality can be guaranteed.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

J18 connected, and J17 shorted.

I only have I-Jet.

I did it with the following settings.

cap1.png

cap2.png

After pressing the "Download and debug" button, the following error log was output.

cap3.png

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

CPU Status - No power supply

Please check the voltage of VDD_MCU(J21 and J23 should be default)

VDD_MCU J21.png

I only have I-Jet.

You can reprogram OpenSDA adapter with some new debug, serial, MSD flash-programming application.(For example: P&E Micro firmware)

Then the Kinetis_Recovery_Utility can be used.

PE Micro.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

I could connect to the screen below.

picture1.png

after that

I connected and disconnected the USB cable many times.
In addition, J21 also pulled out and pulled out many times.
However, no response.

picture2.png

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Takehiko Katsuta,

I take your case which is the same question as this post.

Now, I give some comment about my opinion.

D6 red LED is on, when the KV58 MCU flash is empty, it will also be light.

Now, please check these points:

1. Check the J21 voltage with the multimeter, whether it have 3.3V or not?

2. Connect J18, then change the on board debugger firmware with JLINK, please follow my way to change it.

1) download the JLINK driver and install it, the linker is:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

2) Download the JLINK debug firmware from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

3) Power off the board,  press the reset button, and hold on it, then plug the usb cable, you will find your board is a device named as "bootloader"

pastedImage_3.png

Then send the "OpenSDA_V2_1.bin" file to the BOOTLOADER, and wait the sending  is finished.

4) power off the board, and power on it again, then wait the install finished.

You can find your device is the JLINK from the device Manger

pastedImage_4.png

5), Now use the JLINK commander to connect your board

pastedImage_5.png

Now follow my instructions:

pastedImage_6.png

Check it whether you can find the Cortex-M7 core or not?

If you can't find it, please input: unlock kinetis

Whether it can have the unlock OK?

If you still not OK, please send me your screen shoot about the JLINK commander window.

Please try it on your side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

勝田 赳彦(katsuta.takehiko) はメッセージ - "[Kinetis Microcontrollers] - Re: TWR KV58F220M : RedLed" を取り消します。

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

I did according to the procedure. However, I think that an error has occurred.

I send you a screenshot of the error.

Please check and tell me how to solve it.

0 Kudos
chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi katsuta.takehiko@nichicon.com‌ and kerryzhou‌,

If you are going to use the OpenSDA JLink application (or any other OpenSDA application for that matter), you must populate (install) jumpers J20 and J19.  From one of your pictures above, it looks like this is not the case.  This could be why the JLink instructions Kerry provided did not succeed.  Could you please try putting these jumpers on and let us know if that works?

Best regards,

Chris 

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

Hi Chris Brown and Kerry Zhou

I populate(install) jumpers J20 and J19.

However, I think that an error has occurred.

I send you a screenshot of the error.

Please check and tell me how to solve it.

0 Kudos
chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi katsuta.takehiko@nichicon.com‌,

I agree with Kerry below. The chip appears to be fully secured (i.e., "bricked").  There is no way to recover that chip now. 

Also, I would recommend that you NOT select the MKV58...(Allow Security) option in the JLink software. If you select the MKV58F1M0xxx24 option then the JLink driver won't allow you to modify the security settings of the chip. This is a safer option when debugging and prevents this kind of situation from occurring.  

Best regards,

Chris 

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

From your pictures, your chip is secured to the highest level, then you can't unlock the on board KV58 chip any more, you need to remove the board KV58 chip and solder a new KV58 chip.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

Hi Kerry Zhou

I confirmed the version of the two boards.

I think the same.

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Takehiko,

Just as you said, you still have another board which works OK, then you just use totally the same configuration both in hardware jumper and the on board debugger with your working board, if the problem board still can't work, then we can consider this problem board may really be damaged, that's why I check where you get the board.

Please also help to check your two board backside, whether these two board are the same version or not?

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you please show me if the MBED is well installed in Device Manager?
The default bootloader and CMSIS-DAP firmware application can be found in TWR-KV58F220M-QSG.

TWR-KV58F220M-QSG.png

Please tell me:
Host PC is Win7 or Win10?
What IDE are you using? MCUXpresso IDE or IAR or Keil MDK

The RED lED shown the state of RESET_B.
You can check if the low voltage is caused by SDA_RST_TGTMCU_R or MCU itself.(After cut the trace on ON BOTTOM LAYER, measure the voltage of Pin2 J18.)

RED LED on TWR-KV58F220M.png
If the low voltage is caused by MCU itself. The Kinetis_Recovery_Utility can be used to recovery: Bricking and Recovering FRDM-KL25Z Boards: Reset, SWD Clock and Low Power

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos
katsuta_takehik
Contributor II

MBED is recognized.
  Capture1.gif

Host PC is Win7. IDE is using IAR.
 I cut J18 but the LED is on.
 So I think that the MCU itself is bad.
 I have only I-Jet, so I could not use the P&E tool.
 I am looking for a similar tool in IAR, but I have not found it yet.
 Do you have any good advice?

0 Kudos
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Ok. Please connect J18.
And try to: Change the reset method to Software.

testp.png

Additionally the J13 JTAG port can be used to program with your I-Jet.

J13 TWR-KV58.png

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos