TWR-KV58 Development Platform CMSIS-DAP and MQX Support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-KV58 Development Platform CMSIS-DAP and MQX Support

marks
Contributor IV

Hello, A customer recently received a TWR-KV58 Kit and has a few questions.

Q1. We were unable to get CMSIS-DAP debugging working the Kinetis Design Studio.  It looks like the version of OpenOCD that kinetis is using needs updating.  Are there plans to support the Cortex M7 with OpenOCD? If so when can we expect that to be available?  Then we tried CMSIS-DAP debugging with Keil.  It also gave errors indicating that it was not able to read memory in the Peripheral memory area. 

Q2. In reference to MQX, it looks like version 5 is supported by some of the NXP Cortex parts, but we have not found any support for the Cortex M7.  Is there support for the Cortex M7? If so when can we expect that to be available and what would we need to do to get that support?

Thank in advance for your help!

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mark,

For Q2, at this moment Cortex M7 is not in the roadmap.

For more information, you can check MQX Frequently Asked Questions|NXP 

MQX Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Which NXP® Processors will be supported by MQX® v5.0?
A: MQX v5 will support select Kinetis® and i.MX Cortex™-M subsystems. Support will focus on devices that have been introduced after the MQX v4.2 release, but some devices covered by MQX Classic will be brought into MQX v5 as well. The initial list of supported devices is still being compiled and will be based primarily on user inputs – please take our survey and provide your inputs to help drive the roadmap! The list of supported processors will be published on the MQX v5 product page.

Customers can also purchase ports of MQX for any processor in the Kinetis®, i.MX, Power Architecture, ColdFire®. or Qorivva families – even if it’s part of the MQX v5 main release. These ports may incur a higher license fee, based on the level of effort to do the porting—see www.nxp.com/proservices for details.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mark,

I can help with Q1.  It was not planned in the beginning to support OpenOCD so we do not have that support and I haven't heard of a plan for that.  The intended debugger to use for Kinetis Design  Studio was the Segger J-Link or PE Micro.  I believe our Getting Started material shows how to get the Segger J-Link going. Let me know if that helps any.  

Regards,

Chris 

0 Kudos