TWR-K65F180M FlexBus on Companion Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K65F180M FlexBus on Companion Module

spencer_isaacso
Contributor I

I am planning on using the TWR-K65F180M with the FlexBus with multiplexed 32-bit Address and Data on a daughter card of tower setup. (The TWR-PROTO board wired to a third party FPGA board). However, it appears that the FlexBus connections are incomplete in the schematic to the connectors.

It appears that FB_AD20, FB_AD21, FB_AD22, and FB_AD23 are not hooked up to the the elevator connector (J26A and J26B on the schematic numbered:

SCH-28036 PDF: SPF-28036

Do the connections exist under a different name? The wire name hooked up to the F9 pin which has the FB_AD20 function only hook up to the SDRAM. Is there a solution that does use the FlexBus in 32-bit mode or am I just out of luck?

#twr-k65f180#flex bus

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Spencer Isaacson ,

I checked the K65F180M reference manual, FB_AD20, FB_AD21, FB_AD22, and FB_AD23 just have one pin, no other pins. I also checked the TWR-K65F180M board schematic, it is really didn't fan out to the elevator connector, it just connnect to the SDRAM. This address, even you use the wire to connect the elevator connector, it may also have problems. 

So, unfortunately, this board may can't meet your demand, maybe you need to design your own demand board.

Sorry for the inconvenience bring you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

spencer_isaacso
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thank-you for double checking that for me. I believe you are correct in that this board will not allow me to test the functionality that I am looking for. Do you know if there is a development board that can use the flexbus for this processor? Or another similar one?

-Thank-you again,

Spencer Isaacson

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Spencer Isaacson,

To K65, we just have the TWR-K65 board.

But do you really must use all the 32-bit address, can you use it like the following application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4393.pdf 

Just use the AD0-AD18, don't use  FB_AD20, FB_AD21, FB_AD22, and FB_AD23 which the tower board don't have fan out?

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos