Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60N512 and RTCS

Jump to solution
esaias_pech
Contributor I

Hi,

I have installed CW10.1 (Evaluation version), MQX 3.7. 

If I make a new project, add RTCS support and create a basic Application then I get a linker error:

Overflow in segment: rom from section: .main_application Segment reserved size is: 0x0000fbe0 -- Overflow of: 0x00003bc4 kinetis line 0 C/C++ Problem

However if I comment out the "rtcs_init" call from Main_Task, then it compiles and links fine.

Any hints as to what could be the solution?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Abhitechmania
Contributor IV

It seems that you are building the project in "int ram debug" configuration. The RAM in your case is not sufficeint for your code size. Build the project under "int flash debug" configuration"... Removing "rtcs_init" results in elimination of rtcs task thereby reducing the code size. This reduced code size is sufficient for internal ram but not otherwise. 

Regards,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Abhitechmania
Contributor IV

It seems that you are building the project in "int ram debug" configuration. The RAM in your case is not sufficeint for your code size. Build the project under "int flash debug" configuration"... Removing "rtcs_init" results in elimination of rtcs task thereby reducing the code size. This reduced code size is sufficient for internal ram but not otherwise. 

Regards,

Abhinav

0 Kudos