cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSI and Immunity EN 61000-4-6

Erwin_74
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm developing a capacitive keyboard with Kinetis kl25 using the device TSI and have found a strong influence of the currents injected during the test EN 61000-4-6 causing false activation and wrong behaviour.

Has anyone had experience with immunity to the injected currents using the TSI device with or without touch library?

During the development of the TSI, how Freescale considered immunity to EN 61000-4-6?

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Erwin, have you tried out any of this suggestions?

Keep us posted, we'd like to know!

Best regards :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

c0170
Senior Contributor III

Hello Erwin_74,

have you taken a look at Noise mode which is implemented in KL25? What did you test (TSI module or both TSS and TSI module? Did your EMC test cover only capacitive mode? The noise mode was directly designed for TSI measurement under EN 61000-4-6 testing.

Can you share some results?

I can paste code snippets how to initialize TSI noise mode and switch between the noise and the capacitive mode. The noise mode might be implemented in the next TSS release.

Regards,

MartinK

luciano84
Contributor I

Hello Martin K.

I'm developing with kinetis KL36 using TSI and I found this discussion about TSI and immunity problems. I have the same problems explained by Erwin_74 under EN 61000-4-6 test.

I'm using TSI with TSS support (TSS version is 3.1.0) and the target have a capacitive keyboard built with ITO technology.

I'm trying all configurations and under EN 61000-4-6 test the best results are setting "AFID key detector"; setting "AFID key detector" the problems with noise injected are partially resolved, but if I remove the noise the TSI don't detect any touchs.

For set the TSI mode I use the macros on TSS_SystemSetup.h .

Is correct? Have you any suggestion?

Best regards,

Luciano

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you try to use the auto calibration function of the TSS library to improve the behavior of your application.

Hope this will help you.

Vicente Gomez