Swap function sometimes causes a device reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap function sometimes causes a device reset

tamermash
Contributor II

I have the swap function working on my K60 with 512MB flash dev kit; however, one in every 5 or so swaps, the microcontroller resets after erasing the upper block. This happens when the flash is in the READY state where I put it into the UPDATE state and then erase the upper block so it moves to the UPDATE_ERASED state and I can re-program the flash. Adding a delay between putting the flash in the UPDATE state and erasing the upper block seems to help, but doesn't fix it. Below is the code that changes the state:

bool erase_upper_block()

{

LOG_DEBUG("Erasing upper block...");

uint32_t destination = P_FLASH_BASE + (P_FLASH_SIZE/2);

uint32_t ret = FlashEraseBlock(&flash_ssd_config, destination, flash_launch_command);

if(ret != FTFx_OK)

{

LOG_ERROR("failed (error: %d)\r\n", ret);

}

else

{

LOG_DEBUG("success\r\n");

}

return (FTFx_OK == ret);

}

void swap_flash_for_ready_state()

{

LOG_DEBUG("Flash in READY state, so put in UPDATE state\r\n");

delay(100);

// move to UPDATE state

ret = PFlashSwapCtl(&flash_ssd_config, PSWAP_INDICATOR_ADDR, FTFx_SWAP_SET_IN_PREPARE,&currentSwapMode, \

&currentSwapBlock, &nextSwapBlock , flash_launch_command);

if(ret == FTFx_OK)

{

// verify it's in update state

ret = PFlashSwapCtl(&flash_ssd_config, PSWAP_INDICATOR_ADDR, FTFx_SWAP_REPORT_STATUS, &currentSwapMode, \

&currentSwapBlock, &nextSwapBlock, flash_launch_command);

if(ret == FTFx_OK)

{

if(currentSwapMode == FTFx_SWAP_UPDATE)

{

LOG_DEBUG("Flash is now in UPDATE state, so erase upper block to move to UPDATE_ERASED state\r\n");

// need to sleep for a bit before erasing; otherwise the MC sometimes resets

delay(500);     // this helps but the MC still sometimes resets

// now erase to move to UPDATE_ERASED move

if(!erase_upper_block())

{

ret = FTFx_ERR_MGSTAT0;

}

}

else

{

LOG_ERROR("Failed to put the swap system into UPDATE mode\r\n");

ret = FTFx_ERR_MGSTAT0;

}

}

}

else

{

LOG_ERROR("Failed to change swap status to UPDATE mode. Error: 0x%x\r\n", ret);

}

}

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tamer Mash:

Regarding this swap mechanism issue:

- Are you able to debug and see in what part of that code the MCU is resetting?- You can check the RCM_SRSx registers to find the cause of the last reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

tamermash
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

Sorry for the delay in reply. If I put a breakpoint and step through the code, I don't see the problem. I added a few 10ms delays in key places and the problem stopped happening.

Best regards,

Tamer

0 Kudos