cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static_Code folder not generated in KDS 3.2 -SDK 1.3

diegocolombo
Contributor IV

Goodmorning

In a PC ,where KDS 3.2 was installed some months ago without using it,recently when i generate a new project  involving Processor Expert and SDK 1.3.0 i have the following error:
"undefined reference to `PE_low_level_init' " and it looks evident that the reason is that the folder Static_Code is missing .
Nothing changes if i clean and re-generate the project from Processor Expert

In another PC,i don't have this problem,i have the folder and its content generated at first hit.
Maybe i should say that the situation is not exactly identical between 2 PCs:KDS 3.0 in the working one,instead of 3.2.
Both KDS have recently updated Processor Expert components

I checked some discussion having to do with Static_Code folder as How to change the static_code path when the project opened by others ,and I checked where the path of this folder should appears,everything looks ok.
The missing folder problem remains with different processors.
If i import a project from the working PC i am requeste to delete the folder and its subfolder,because "no longer needed".
Thanks for hints and for your time.

Diego

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

the Static_Code folder and its content is created at project creation time only. If you don't have it or have it deleted, then I suggest you create a new project for that given processor and then copy over the Static_Code folder from that project.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

diegocolombo
Contributor IV

Thanks Eric for the quick answer
I did other tests:

I generate 4 new project with 4 different processors .No project has the Static_Code folder generated.
Then I simply copied the folders and the  files from my project to the imported one.
The project was correctly compiled,but it has a strange behaviour when debugging,completely different to what was expected.
Turning off the debug and resetting the microcontroller showed the same bad behaviour

Thanks again

Diego

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Diego,

I found a community post where two different persons reported the exact same behavior as you. The project worked fine on one computer but in a second computer, the project failed. In the end, Nicolas replied that this behavior was due to the path that he was using. Please be sure that you don't have special characters on the path of your project and also that is as short as possible.

Link to the community post: fatal error: PE_low_level_init.h: No such file or directory 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------