cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample programs fail

Jump to solution
Tommy44
Contributor III

I have two FRDM-KL25 boards, I installed CW 10.3 and The Kinetis L sample code.  Using the instructions in the FRDM-KL25Z-QSP document I compiled and ran the hello-world application without incident.  When I try the other samples in the same folder they all fail with errors like:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

ARM_GCC_Support/ewl/EWL_C/src/sys/uart_console_io.c undefined reference to `WriteUARTN'    accelerometer_demo        line 151    C/C++ Problem

or:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type

mingw32-make: *** [accelerometer_demo.elf] Error 1    accelerometer_demo             C/C++ Problem

Sample programs that fail are never a good sign.  Can I expect an update soon?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

KL25_sc provides CW examples using Processor Expert (PEx) tool, one of this examples is accelerometer_demo which is in projects folder. PEx projects needs to generate the code for each component. That is why CW compiler does not find some UART functions or others.

You need to Generate Processor Expert Code:

1. Click on Generate Processor Expert Code button.

Generate PEx code.png

2.  Wait......

3.  Compile again.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Also, the reason WriteUARTN() is required is because of the ANSI library.  Erich has a great post discussing using the ANSI library in CW10 at this link:

Tutorial: Printf() with (and without) Processor Expert | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
adriansc
Contributor IV

Hi,

KL25_sc provides CW examples using Processor Expert (PEx) tool, one of this examples is accelerometer_demo which is in projects folder. PEx projects needs to generate the code for each component. That is why CW compiler does not find some UART functions or others.

You need to Generate Processor Expert Code:

1. Click on Generate Processor Expert Code button.

Generate PEx code.png

2.  Wait......

3.  Compile again.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Tommy44
Contributor III

I needed the Community Development License for PE to work, once I found

that all is well.

0 Kudos