SDK Version: KSDK 2.3.0 for FRDM-K64F has a problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Version: KSDK 2.3.0 for FRDM-K64F has a problem?

francismarsilva
Contributor II

The manifest file of SDK Version: KSDK 2.3.0 for FRDM-K64F with Kinetis Design Studio has a problem, making impossible to import the SDK into the MCUXpresso IDE.

8 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Francismar,

If you want to use the SDK in MCUXpresso IDE, you should select MCUXpresso IDE when building this SDK.

SDK_2.3.0_FRDM-K64F.png

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

francismarsilva
Contributor II

...ok sorry i wrote wrong It was for the KDS!...  Did you take the test? It isn't possible to create a new project based on a demo.

SKDS_2.3.jpg

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

This Wizard may not used for SDK2.3.

Please try to download new project based on a demo during building SDK2.3.

Download Standalone Example Project.png

choice demo after select IDE.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

francismarsilva
Contributor II

The download is disabled for me...

link_disable.png

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I follow three steps and can do that.

step1.png

step2.png

step3.png

I don't know why your account can't download standalone example project.

Have you try to use a different browser or use new account?

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

francismarsilva
Contributor II

Robin, some demos aren't working on KDS. The procedure I'm doing is: download the demo, for example: demo_apps/lwip/lwip_httpsrv_freertos and then import via KDS menu. The build ok without error, but the application doesn't run in the FRDM. I tested the same demo via MCUXpresso IDE and the SDK for MCUXpresso IDE, and it worked correctly.

Would you have any suggestions to help us?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the late reply!

Please refer feedback from SDK team:

The demo is using malloc / free wrappers for memory allocation in FreeRTOS.
The _sbrk function, which is coming from newlib and is called by malloc, makes a check whether the newly allocated memory does not go over stack pointer.
Since we are using RTOS, the stack is allocated within a heap and the check does not make sense.
The solution could be to overwrite the definition of _sbrk function.

Little bit of information about the problem is here:
https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/03/16/freertos-malloc-and-sp-check-with-gnu-tools/

The fix is to provide fsl_sbrk.c file with alternative _sbrk() function definition if the project uses FreeRTOS with heap_3.c allocation (wrapper for malloc/free) and it is for arm-gcc based toolchain.

Best Regards,

Robin

francismarsilva
Contributor II

When the package was created, I was choosing KDS only. When I chose "All Toolchains", as in yours, the option to download the demo was enabled.

Thank you!