cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset problems with the Kinetis K02FN128VLH10 microcontroller

michalpokorny
Contributor I

Description: Dear Madam or Sir,

I have problems with the Kinetis K02FN128VLH10 microcontroller in my application unfortunately and I am not sure, if it is a hardware or software mistake. Firstly if I the microcontroller empty (before programming), then the RESET input signal has logical one level. But after first connecting a debugger (Segger J-link through the SWD interface) and downloading the software application the 1.6 up to 10 kHz impulses appear at the RESET pin which is signalized with the red LED fleshing on the debugger. If I connect the debugger again and through the Kinetis design studio or any applications download the software inside the processor, everything works and I am able to step the program etc. Bud if I disconnected the debugger and switch off/on the power supply of the application then the pulses at the RESET appeared again. I also had to modified the key for the Watchdog unlocking (key2 instead key1) because the key1 cause reset processor in the debug mode too. Anyway the tested application works with the developing kit (FRDM-K22F) without any problems. Could I apply you for your help? Certainly I could send you additional information (parts of schematic, code or oscilloscope charts etc.), if it would be necessary. Really thank you in advance and

Yours sincerely

Michal Pokorny

1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michal,

For the MK02 board could be debuggered, if customer using the application project Flash target and could check the Flash address with the correct programmed value as project image.

As customer has FRDM-K22F on hand, customer also could compare the SWD interface circuit and reset pin related circuit.

If customer doesn't want to share the related information at Community, customer can create a service request and send us the additional info, then we could continue to support.

Please check here to submit a service request.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos