ROM Data space used for KL03 32KByte part but not for 16KByte part?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROM Data space used for KL03 32KByte part but not for 16KByte part?

Jump to solution
rickstuart
Contributor V

I have two very similar projects.  One will compile for a KL03 32KByte part and the other for a KL03 16KByte part.  When I inspect the generated map files, the 32KByte part contains 5 files which reportedly consume a total of 746 Bytes of ROM for Data.  The other dozen plus files report nothing and are assumed to consume no ROM Data space.  But when I compile a very similar project for the 16KByte part the generated map file reports nothing for any of the files.

How can this be?

Is there something wrong with the SDK?

If so, is this an NXP problem or an IAR problem?

Is there somewhere else in the KL03 16KByte map file I could look to verify that some ROM is actually being used for data?

As far as I know, the KL03 16KByte executable file will upload and run on a KL03 16KByte board as expected.

-thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
rickstuart
Contributor V

Discovered we had set the optimization for the KL03 16KByte project to HIGH and selected SIZE in the drop down menu.  This appears to have essentially move the ROM Data to RAM.  We successfully verified that a similar behavior (no ROM Data) occurred when changing the KL03 32KByte project from LOW/ SIZE to HIGH/SIZE.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rickstuart
Contributor V

Discovered we had set the optimization for the KL03 16KByte project to HIGH and selected SIZE in the drop down menu.  This appears to have essentially move the ROM Data to RAM.  We successfully verified that a similar behavior (no ROM Data) occurred when changing the KL03 32KByte project from LOW/ SIZE to HIGH/SIZE.

0 Kudos