Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Selector EzPort

Jump to solution
alexeyusoltsev
Contributor IV

Hello!

I'd like to ask: Are there any way to sort MCUs in the Product Selector by featuring EzPort?

And some additional quetions:

Will be any kv1 MCUs with EzPort? Or are there any options to have ISP for KV1 except write my own bootloader?

Will be any kv4 MCU's with EzPort?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Alexey.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexey,

If you want to use the SWD to download the firmware to flash, you can use the programmer or the debugger, you don't need to do it by yourself. The recommended debugger: Segger JLINK, P&E multilink.

Besides, if you need the appnote, please refer to this document:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4835.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
alexeyusoltsev
Contributor IV

Hello Hao,

Thank for tip and and link :smileywink:

I'll try it!

0 Kudos
alexeyusoltsev
Contributor IV

hi Jingjing!

Thanks again! That is it! I would be very thankful if you point me to some info about SWD op-codes or other apnote that contains info how can I get to FCCOB registers through the SWD?

It is most likely anyway that I will use EzPort option but want to take into account all possibilitys.

Thank for your help!

0 Kudos
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alexey,

If you would like to know more about SWD protocol for programming MCU flash, then the best start point is to learn CMSIS-DAP source code.

You can refer to OpenSDAv2 on how to get that source code. The CMSIS-DAP code is implemented in MK20 on all of NXP Freedom boards.

Hao

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexey Usoltsev,

The available selection tool don't have  the ezport feature now.

Now, most of Kinetis K series support the ezport function, eg. K1x, K2x,K3x,K4x, K5x, K6x,ect.

You can search the ezport kinetis as the keyword in the : www.nxp.com    KV1 and KV4 is not supporting the Ezport until now, just KV3X have the ezport module.

About the ISP function for KV1, because the KV1X don't have the on-chp ROM, then you need to use the flash bootloader.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

alexeyusoltsev
Contributor IV

hi Jingjing!

Thanks for helpfull response. SWD is able to upload firmware to flash. May be it can be used?  Are there any appnotes how to do that? How many resourses will it demand?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexey,

If you want to use the SWD to download the firmware to flash, you can use the programmer or the debugger, you don't need to do it by yourself. The recommended debugger: Segger JLINK, P&E multilink.

Besides, if you need the appnote, please refer to this document:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4835.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

0 Kudos