Problems with the Bootloader mode on my FRDM-K64F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the Bootloader mode on my FRDM-K64F

alexanderabrica
Contributor II

Hi, I was preparing my new FRDM K64F to update the OpenSDA debug using P&E.

When I entered the bootloader mode, every time that want to drag and drop the BOOTUPDATEAPP.SDA the bootloader sundently closed without saving the fild.SDA.

Also when I try to plug in the USB connection on the SDA USB port, the power light of my board is off, And when I push the reset button, the computer opens the bootloader, but on a short period of time.

I installed the Windows (Windows 10) USB drives and the OpenSDA firmware, but nothing can let me use my board.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Alexander Abrica Lara,

FRDM-K64 on board bootloader is the old bootloader, it is the OpenSDA v2/2.1 bootloader and have problems in the win10 system.

If you are using the win10 system, please check this link:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

You need to use the external debugger to change the on board K20 bootloader firmware to the new version.

More details, please check this link:

Freedom OpenSDA Firmware Issues Reported on Windows 10 

Please try it on your side.

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.
Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

alexanderabrica
Contributor II

Thanks Kerry Zhou for your help ;D

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome.

If you still have questions about this topic, please let me know.

If your question is solved, please help me to make the correct answer, just close this case, thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos