cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems about operating P-flash of KV11 Series

Jump to solution
Saiwenliang
Contributor II

I encountered a problem about kv11 series operating pflash. At present, my chip is kv11z128, and its flash space is 128K. Then the operation address range should be from 0x0000 0000 to 0x00020000. At first, I chose the last sector, that is, 0x0001 F800, as my write address. However, Flash Protection Violation ERROR occurred during erase sector. The same error occurs to sectors 2-4 from the bottom. When I use the sector 5 from the bottom, that is, 0x0001 D800, the flash operation is successful. Do I want to know what protected and inoperable sectors are the four sectors of 0x0001 E000 ~ 0x00020000? Which document explains this aspect?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I confirmed this information, unfortunately, the last 8KB are protected for another purpose, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Saiwenliang
Contributor II

OK, I am looking forward to your reply, Thank You. 

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I confirmed this by my side and the address 0x1 E000 to 0x 2 0000 can't be erased due to flash protection error. I checked the protections bits of the flash and they were unprotected. I'm confirming the reason of this with an internal team. I will keep you updated

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me,

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I confirmed this information, unfortunately, the last 8KB are protected for another purpose, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos
Saiwenliang
Contributor II

OK,Thank you very muck.

0 Kudos