Problem with fsl_usb_framework and PE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with fsl_usb_framework and PE

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I am trying to use the combination of HDS/KSDK/PE and MQX to set up a simple USB Host application. My starting point was merely an MQX task that printed an identifying banner. That worked OK.

When I added fsl_usb_framework, the task would never execute. It appears that some interrupt is coming in before control is passed over to my task. To test this idea, I went back to PE and disabled the "Auto Initialization". I know that nothing would get done with the USB, but when my task printed the banner, I knew that it was due to initialization of the component.

So I went back in and re-enabled it and of course, I'm stuck somewhere in the kernel.

If someone knows what I've done wrong, I'm willing to listen. If not, then I need some help to delve into the lower levels of the processor and find out what is causing the interrupt.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Since this was sidelined by the assumption that the problem was an unhandled interrupt and thus bias the thinking, I am closing this issue and moving to _usb_khci_task_create() does not return which is more focused on the real issue.

This will have to be addressed by someone familiar with the kernel internals.

alexfeinman
Contributor III

I *think* that in the default code generated by PE the USB interrupt may not handled. At the same time all unhandled interrupts go to the default IRQ handler.

In my code I just add explicitly this

void __attribute__((__interrupt__)) USB0_IRQHandler(void)

{

_usb_khci_isr();

}

It is referenced to as a weak link from the startup .S file

0 Kudos

davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Is your environment with MQX? I believe that with MQX, the interrupt handlers are installed at run time and I was able to find an "install" of of _usb_khci_isr in the init process. However, at this time I was not able to determine whether or not it is actually called.

I did put a breakpoint in the code you suggested and it was never hit.

I'll continue to pursue this, but a secondary question is if anyone can help me narrow down where I can put a breakpoint in MQX to determine the exact source of the interrupt.

0 Kudos