Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with FRDM-K22F

Jump to solution
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Hello Everybody

I'm working with my FRDM-K22F to develop my project and everything works fine , but suddenly it stops working . It was connected to my PC and I restart my PC when the boot process of my PC is finished I can't copy my binary file into board . I reset the board by pressing the reset button and then remove its power and the powers it again , then I tried to upgrade the board firmware with the instructions available in "developer.mbed.org" for FRDM-K22F , it tells me there isn't enough memory and it was the last things that the boards tell me . After that every time I connect the board through open sda USB port it didn't do anything , and when I connect the board through SWD with J link the board's small red LED is turned on and the and J link tell's me " Error : Error while identifying Cortex-M core . Info : Found SWD-DP with ID 0x2BA01477 . No device found on SWD . No device found at all. Selecting JTAG as default target interface." . Is there any way that I could solve this ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Thanks everybody

I reported my problem to Freescale and they sent me a new board .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Thanks everybody

I reported my problem to Freescale and they sent me a new board .

0 Kudos
譯之張
Contributor I

Hello

I have the same problem with my board.

When i droped the "JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin" to the bootloader,

it showed up the sign it said error and my board couldn't work just like Hossein's board.

0 Kudos
alexeynikolaev
Contributor I

Just ran into same problem yesterday. Dropped the "JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin" and the board stopped working. Damn. Will replace the MCU.

0 Kudos
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Hello

I discover recently that when I plug the micro USB cable from my PC to open SDA USB port it doesn't power the board , but when I connect it through the other USB port it powers the board on .

Best regards

Hossein Moghaddam

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I would recommend to update the FRDM-K22F OpenSDA firmware:

Please download P&E OpenSDA firmware from here.

Segger also provides OpenSDA firmware, please download from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Hello

Dear Hui Ma

I have done firmware upgrading a lot before but this time I cannot ever power up my board and complete the process that you mentioned .

Best regards

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

From your description, the D2(red led) always lighting means the K22 chip is in reset state, that's why external J-Link could not connect this device.

Could you check the board circuit, if the SW1 reset button with problem or not.

When board power on, the D2 should be off.

And you also need to check the jumper position:

My board jumper info below:

shunted:

J9 1-2;

J10;

J13;

J15;

Other jumpers keep open.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

The mentioned voltage(4.8V) is measured on the corresponding pins behind the open SDA USB socket .

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the later reply.

Please download the FRDM-K22F schematics from here.

From your above description, the OpenSDA regulator with problem to transfer 5V input to 3.3V output.

Please measure J14 jumper if there with 3.3V voltage.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Hello

I found some new things within my board : 1- when I connect the USB cable to open SDA micro USB I could measure 4.8V but there is no voltage across the voltage regulator but when I connect the USB cable to the USB of K22 there is 4.8V across voltage regulator . 2- I checked pin 27 (RESET pin) and it gave me 1.6V .

0 Kudos
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Hello

I did what you say but it didn't work , also in FRDM-K22f datasheet it is said to open J10 & J13 to use other debugger except open SDA . I checked reset button , too ,and it works fine. I think there is a problem with the "open SDA" power in my board because when I connect a USB cable to K22F USB port or I connect my J link to the board I could use the output P3V3 and GND provided on the header .

Could you send me the schematic of the FRDM-K22F . I downloaded it from the product page in freescale website but I couldn't open it . If I downloaded the correct file could you tell me how to open it ?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hossein,

Please firstly test the OpenSDA port to debug :

-  Copy and past the "JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin" to the bootloader mode of k22.

- Then plug the USB to openSDA again ;

-  Create on simple project , debug , check whether it can work well .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
hosseinmoghadda
Contributor III

Hello Alice

I did it before , but when I connect a USB cable to open sda it didn't give me any reaction . I think it should be a hardware problem .

0 Kudos