Possible KBI problems with GPIO changing between input and output?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible KBI problems with GPIO changing between input and output?

jurestojs
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using MKE04Z8VTG4 for capacitive sensing application using RC acquisition principle.

Sensing electrodes are connected on PTA2 and 3 and I am using KBI interrupt to measure the time.

I do not know how the KBI settings will be effected if I change the sensing pins to output (no changes to the KBI registers will be made)?

For example first I initialize KBI module and sensing pins as output. Then I start the sequence described in the pictures.

Basically I have no idea how the KBI works as this is the first time I am using it. And I do not know if there will be any problems with the KBI module (for example false interrupt execution) if I change the sensing pins to input/output or if I will have to reconfigure it when I change the sensing pins from input to output.

capsense.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jure,

I think it can't work out.

If you have already set the PTA2 and PT3 as the KBI pin, it can't be GPIO pin simultaneously.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos