cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PK70FN1M0VMJ12

delpymatthieu
Contributor I

hello all,

I wanted to know if the PK70FN1M0VMJ12 can be programmed with other method than JTAG or mini usb please ? because for my project we can program with JTAG only in laboratory  and the usb is limited because I don't know if the MC9S08JM60 is sold with a program or not , can you tell me if I can use another method to program the PK70?

Thank

MD

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Delpy,

So yes.  The PK70 can be programmed with protocols other than JTAG or the USB.  You could use Serial Wire Debug (SWD) which is supported by most debug pod vendors (P&E Micro, Segger J-Link, etc,). Using this protocol would require the use of a subset of the JTAG pins (just 2 in fact) and simply a setting change in the software that is driving your debug pod. 

Alternatively, you could also use the EZport to program your device.  For more information on EZport programming, please see chapter 31 in your K70 reference manual.  Let us know if one of these methods works for you. 

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

delpymatthieu
Contributor I

thank christopher ,

finally we decided to use the USB protocol but do you know if I needed to program the MC9S08JM60 to be able to update the PK70FN1M0VMJ12 ?

Thank

MD

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Delpy,

Of course, you need to program the MC9S08JM60 previous, the it can work like a JTAG debug interface to the K70.

You'll learn more information about the OSJTAG through the link as below

P&E Microcomputer Systems
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos