cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSDA Programming of KL25Z

Jump to solution
info13
Contributor II

Hello! I´m using MCUXpresso-IDE + Kinetis SDK to program a FRDM-KL25Z board. Now I have a problem:

When debugging out of MCUXpresso, everything works fine. When I build the program and copy the built *.sxf file onto the "FRDM-KL25Z"-named Flash-Drive, the older software (I debugged before) is executed and not the new one I copied onto the drive. Neither when hitting the reset-pushbutton, nor when repowering the board the new non-debugged software is executed.

The file I manually copy on the board is that one, when looking on the timestamp of the file it is the actual, correct build-version: MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.1_2563\workspace\Testprojekt\Release\Testprojekt.sxf

Anyone has an idea on this behaviour? Am I using a wrong way to program the device?

Kind regards,

Jan Martin

Tags (1)
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

None of openSDA version support copy .axf file to target board directly. Please visit OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP , there is a table at the bottom of the page. If your FRDM-KL25 openSDA version is v1, you should generate .s19 file for copy. If the openSDA is V2.2, you should generate .bin or .hex file.

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jan,

None of openSDA version support copy .axf file to target board directly. Please visit OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP , there is a table at the bottom of the page. If your FRDM-KL25 openSDA version is v1, you should generate .s19 file for copy. If the openSDA is V2.2, you should generate .bin or .hex file.

pastedImage_2.png

Regards,

Jing

info13
Contributor II

Thanks! Just for interest: What kind of binary is .sxf/.hex/.bin/.s19 ? What´s the difference?

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi Jan,

not sure where you have seen the .sxf file? Maybe you mean the .axf which is a normal ELF/Dwarf file.

Have a read at MCUXpresso IDE: S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse  which explains the formats for the MCUXpresso IDE where S-Record, Intel Hex and Binary Files | MCU on Eclipse  is a general overview about the different formats.

I hope this helps,

Erich