OpenOCD cfg for FRDM-KV31F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenOCD cfg for FRDM-KV31F

drbeat
Contributor I

Has anyone been successful in flashing the MKV31F512xxx12 MCU over OpenOCD (via CMSIS-DAP)?

If so, could you please point me to a suitable configuration file?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

drbeat
Contributor I

Hello Pablo,

Thank you very much for your response!

I am aware of the Kinetis Design Studio OpenOCD configuration file ("kinetis.cfg"), but it only works with an OpenOCD version that was patched by Somnium, but not mainstream OpenOCD.

Are you aware of any OpenOCD configuration files for the FRDM-KV31F (MKV31F512xxx12) that work with mainstream OpenOCD?

Kind regards,

Beat

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, @drbeat 

Thanks a lot for letting me know your concern.

After checking internally, unfortunately, we are not aware of any OpenOCD configuration files for the board that you mentioned that works with mainstream OpenOCD.

We regret the inconveniences that it may cause you. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards.

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos

PabloAvalos
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @drbeat

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Hoping you are well, I would like to help you by providing you the following link where you can find the process step by step on how to use the OpenOCD/CMSIS-DAP: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/22/openocdcmsis-dap-debugging-with-eclipse-and-without-an-ide/ , just taking in consideration that this article is talking about Kinetis Design Studio that is no longer supported, but the guide can be useful. Please also check this other guide that might be from your interest: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2020/12/15/openocd-with-mcu-link/ where it is being used OpenOCD with MCU-Link, but some of the steps shown, can complement the process that you are looking for.

Hoping the information provided can be helpful for you, I am glad to receive more questions if you have them.

Sincerely,

Pablo Avalos.

0 Kudos