cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New KL03z is in secure mode

Jump to solution
annika_huebner
Contributor I

I just got a new custom board with a KL03z chip. Unfortunately I am not able to flash it, because it is SECURE. I connected the chip via UART tried "flash-erase-all" with blhost and the Kinetis Flash Tool, which fails due to the secure state. "flash-erase-all-unsecure" is an unknown command. Is there anything I can do to unsecure the device?

Bonus question: what could have happened to the chip? The assembler of the PCB should not have connected the chip to anything, as there weren't even wires connected. The chip should have come directly from production and not pre-flashed. Is it possible, that some electromagnetic discharge or something of the like accidently secured my chip? Keep in mind that a connection with the Kinetis Flash Tool is possible, and error codes are transmitted, so not all of the communication is broken.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here are some action could cause lock.

1.The power is unstable.

2.Have not power down the chip when  plug the debuger

3.etc.

You can use a j-link-command "unlock kinetis " to unlock the chip.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nxf58904
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Here are some action could cause lock.

1.The power is unstable.

2.Have not power down the chip when  plug the debuger

3.etc.

You can use a j-link-command "unlock kinetis " to unlock the chip.

Jianyu: 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos