Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory map in MKL25z128

Jump to solution
matheus_pinto
Contributor II

Hello,

Can someone tell me where is the document that shows where is the location of the SRAM e Flash in memory map from the microcontrollers MKL25128?

Thanks

1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matheus,

You are welcome.

Thanks for your updated information.

About the memory map, for the detail MCU based on the ARM core, you still need to refer to the according MCU user manual's memory map. So, about the KL25, please refer to the reference manual's memory map:

pastedImage_1.png

About the SRAM, if you run from the SRAM, it can be used as the code run area, in this mode, if the chip is power off, the code will be disappear, but the program area, normally means the flash area. Even the KL25 SRAM_L is in the ARM's document program area, but it's still the SRAM. Program area normally is the flash area, not the SRAM area.

Wish it helps  you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matheus Pinto,

Please refer to the KL25's reference manual:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/KL25P80M48SF0RM.pdf 

page72, chapter 3.6 Memories and Memory Interfaces

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
matheus_pinto
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply,

I have one more question: the range of the SRAM for MKL25128VLK4 is  0x1FFF_F000 – 0x2000_2FFF. However the ARM Cortex M0+ reference manual shows that the space dedicated to SRAM is above 0x1FFF_FFFF.  The SRAM_L range 0x1FFF_F000 - 0x1FFF_FFFF is not inside the program space?

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matheus Pinto,

I don't know why you say: However the ARM Cortex M0+ reference manual shows that the space dedicated to SRAM is above 0x1FFF_FFFF. 

From the reference manual, you can find these information:

pastedImage_2.png 

pastedImage_3.png

Just have two ranges, both range can be used as the program space.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos
matheus_pinto
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my late reply!

When you said:

" I don't know why you say: However the ARM Cortex M0+ reference manual shows that the space dedicated to SRAM is above 0x1FFF_FFFF. "

I am referring to the manual available on the ARM site: ARM Information Center 

In the page is show that the space below 0x1FFF_FFFF is from code region (i.e. flash). But from the KL25Z manual and from what you show, the SRAM_L is in code region (0x1FFF_F000 - 0x1FFF_FFFF). This does not seem consistent with what is presented in ARM.

Another question from what you said:

"Just have two ranges, both range can be used as the program space."

But, is SRAM a data space right? And is not from program space.

Thanks for you time,

Matheus

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matheus,

You are welcome.

Thanks for your updated information.

About the memory map, for the detail MCU based on the ARM core, you still need to refer to the according MCU user manual's memory map. So, about the KL25, please refer to the reference manual's memory map:

pastedImage_1.png

About the SRAM, if you run from the SRAM, it can be used as the code run area, in this mode, if the chip is power off, the code will be disappear, but the program area, normally means the flash area. Even the KL25 SRAM_L is in the ARM's document program area, but it's still the SRAM. Program area normally is the flash area, not the SRAM area.

Wish it helps  you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

matheus_pinto
Contributor II

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the answer.

I know that SRAM is data and Flash is code. I was confused by the information passed by the "ARM Center" that conflicted with the microcontroller manual. I did not know that the manufacturer could put SRAM in an area where the ARM says to be reserved for program.

Thanks for the clarification,

Matheus

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Matheus,

You are welcome, for the specific chip, you still need to refer to the chip manufacturer's document.

You can use it directly, if you meet any KL technical question problem, just let us know.

Have a great day,
Kerry