cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK26FN2M0CAC18 is downgrade MCU?

Jump to solution
Sedorf
Contributor II

Hello, at this moment, in the global crisis of availability of chips, i have found severals pieces of MK26FN2M0CAC18 mcu but.. in this NXP-site page  the chip is marked as Arm Cortex-M0, with RAM and not SRAM(?), without UARTs, without SPIs, without DAC and without 16-bit Timer. Is correct? Why the MCUXpresso, building a project, don't advise this downgrade? Is a real downgrade?

TNX

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Don't worry. Please read K26P169M180SF5.pdf. No MCU hasn't UART/SPI/SRAM/TIMER.  MK26FN2M0CAC18 has 169 pin, not a brick. The select table is wrong.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Sedorf ,

MK26FN2M0CAC18 has ARM Cortex-M4 core, 2M Flash, 256k SRAM, 180MHz, WLCSP 169.

I've never heard anything about downgrade.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
Sedorf
Contributor II

Thanks for rapid answer Jing.

My hesitation is caused by the parameters-comparator at page https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc... 

It appear as several peripherals are absent: UARTs, SPIs, DACs, Timer... Is really thus?

TNX

0 Kudos
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

@Sedorf 

You're going to have to dig a lot deeper to decide if another part number can be used in your application.  

I'm in the same boat and I just literally spent five days going over datasheets as well as asking specific questions of my FAEs and this forum regarding the unique features of possible replacement part number along with modifying existing prototypes to understand whether or not I can work with the differences in the possible replacement compared to the originally selected part.  

Depending on where you are in the design process, I would recommend that you start by looking at Digi-Key and Mouser for available devices with the same footprint as the originally selected part.  Chances are you will get results that are in different Kinetis families and you'll have to work from there.  

Beware of brokers that claim they have parts available - I've gotten unsolicited emails from several and there's no way to be assured of the provenence of the parts being offered.  They could be literally floor sweepings or counterfeit.  

It's a tough world out there right now and there won't be any easy answers for at least a year, maybe a year and a half. 

0 Kudos
Sedorf
Contributor II

Thank you Mike,

in effect my best component is MK26FN2M0VMD18 but, from march/avril the unique part available (digi-key, farnell, mouser etc) is the CAC18.. None other Kinetis available (k66, k64, k24...)

May-be have found (just few hours ago) 160pcs at stock of VMD18 and, if confirmed my order, i resolved fine my problem.

I developed at 90% the project from software side, the hardware is in schematic diagram phase, therefore in time to modify.

Remain the doubt if the CAC18 have or not the peripherals: UARTs, SPIs, DACs, 16bit Timer.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Don't worry. Please read K26P169M180SF5.pdf. No MCU hasn't UART/SPI/SRAM/TIMER.  MK26FN2M0CAC18 has 169 pin, not a brick. The select table is wrong.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
Sedorf
Contributor II

Ok Jing, tnx for reply and confirmation.

In effect, to this end (of wrong) look at this two pages of K26P169M180SF5:

- in the first, the AC version is mentioned,

- in the second, the AC version.. not exist

0 Kudos
myke_predko
Senior Contributor III

@Sedorf 

Okay cool, it sounds like you're on the right track.  

I only said something because you referenced a pretty high level page and, over the years, I've learned to not trust anything that isn't specifically designed for reference (and even then...)

0 Kudos