cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MED GLU Calibration

sandraarias
Contributor I

Hello everyone!!

I’m working on the glucose meter with the tower kit TWR-K53N512. I followed the application note AN4364 and the Quick Start Guide “MED-GLU Glucose Metering Plug-in Board”. It seems to work using the Medical GUI, but every time, it gives different values for the same solution. Do you know how can I verify if the hardware and software is working properly?

Regards!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sandra Arias,

In the MED-GLU demo sample code the ADC is apparently not calibrated, so this could introduce some accuracy errors. Regarding calibration of the ADC I would highly recommend you to check the next contents:

1) The K53 Reference Manual has a section which talks about ADC calibration (search for "Calibration function" in the manual).

2) The next document in community by colleague Alejandra Guzman talks about the procedure and the importance to calibrate the ADC:

16-bit SAR ADC calibration 

3) The attached file includes the sample routine ADC_Cal(), but please notice that you should configure the ADC to the required frequency and sampling settings before running the calibration.

This could improve the measurements repeatability, but also notice that the MED-GLU is just a demo which simply uses a look-up table to match with the ADC conversions, so if that method does not comply with the accuracy requirements you would need to make experiments and develop your own measurement algorithm.

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos