cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU Selection

Vamshi253
Contributor I

Hello,

Firstly, Thank you for providing this opportunity.

We were engaged in the development of Embedded System product based on Arduino Mega ADK (USB Host Microcontroller) and TI based TUSB2036 Hub. We have integrated a USB Keyboard, a Flash Drive and an External Printer (laser or dot matrix) using the software libraries found on GitHub. We have also interfaced a graphic LCD display to the host microcontroller using Soft SPI and a RFID module using Soft SPI. But the problem is, we have got performance issues and the USB devices are not operating perfectly and concurrently. So, we have decided to go on with NXP based Host Microcontroller for this task. We are also looking for software libraries for Host Microcontroller to drive a keyboard, a flash drive and a printer via Hub at the same time. Considering the operation of a flash drive, we need to read data from files stored on flash drive and to create files with data on flash drive. We also need UART ports to read data from other general purpose microcontroller and to push data to external display board based on multiple digit seven segment displays. Moreover, there is a possibility to add more USB based devices like Barcode scanner etc.. etc.. in the future. Based on this, we are looking for a right NXP based Host Microcontroller to accomplish this task.

So, I am requesting you for a suggestion on host microcontroller that best fits this application.

Thank You.

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos
12 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vamshi253,

If you focus on Kinetis device, then you can search in K2x family. Among them, K22F120 and K26 is fit for your case. 

Another option is i.mxRT1010. It has high performance with very low cost. It hasn't internal Flash memory. It need an external NOR SPI flash.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Kinetis and I,mxRT devices have SDK package. You can see these demos in SDK. You can download them from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

Vamshi253
Contributor I

@jingpan 

Hi Jing,

One more thing is we also need software libraries for LCD. Do you have microcontrollers with specifications of K22F120 and K26 and LCD based drivers?

Thank You.

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos

Vamshi253
Contributor I

@jingpan 

Hi Jing,

Thank you for the clarification.

Can you also please provide the links for evaluation kits of k22F120, K26 and i,mxRT1010 and also for the tutorials on how to develop the code using sdk?

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos

Vamshi253
Contributor I

@jingpan 

Hi Jing,

Thank you for the quick response.

As you suggested K2x family (K22F120 and K26) and i.mxRT1010, considering them, can I also get software libraries that support an external USB hub, a keyboard, a flash drive and an external printer along with them?

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The USB stack in SDK is default support HUB. 

Regards,

Jing 

0 Kudos

Vamshi253
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Thank you for the clarification.

Can you also please provide the web links for development boards of k22F120, K26 and i,mxRT1010 and also for the tutorials on how to develop the code using sdk?

Moreover, we also need software libraries for LCD and I have found that there are no LCD drivers for k22F120, K26 and i,mxRT1010. Do you have microcontrollers with specifications of K22F120 and K26 and also LCD drivers?

Thank You.

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

Vamshi253
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you for the links.

I have also found Freedom development boards based on K26 and K22F120. What is the difference between Tower System Module Development board and Freedom Development board.

Can't we use Freedom Development boards for our application?

We use TIANMA Graphical LCD.

LCD Model No.: TM12864A8CCWGWA

http://www.coineltech.com/TM12864A8CCWGWA.pdf 

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

TWR board need tower system to extend gpio connection. Freedom board has Arduino interface. But it can't pin out more gpio. So, you have to decide which kind of board is fit for your case base on project requirement.

This LCD uses parallel port. It is easy to access. It needn't special interface in MCU. K26 has FlexBus. It can be used to interface with the LCD.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

Vamshi253
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Do you mean that on TWR board, it is possible to access more gpio whereas on Freedom board, there is fixed number of gpio out and it is not possible to access more gpio?

Regards,
Vamshi

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes. But to make the work easy, you should not only buy the TWR board, but also buy tower system board.

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/tower-development-boards/peripheral-modules/tower-syst...

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos