Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU-LINK max UART baudrate

Jump to solution
jh0
Contributor IV

Hi,

What is the MCU-LINK maximum UART baudrate (VCOM header J7) with reliable UART transfer from free running (released from SWD) target device to PC?

BTW, I don't get it why is so hard today to put some product data in few-pages good old pdf.

Regards,

Josip

1 Solution
jh0
Contributor IV

Just to close this older topic...

There is noted inside UM11673 MCU-Link Pro User Manual at the end of 4.3 VCOM (USB to Target UART bridge) ...

"Baud rates of up to 5.33Mbps are supported."

I checked this with MCU-Link (non Pro) updated to latest firmware v2.245, and UART bridge is working fine on 4 Mbps.

EDIT:

It is also working fine on 4.8 and 5.33 Mbps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jh0
Contributor IV

Just to close this older topic...

There is noted inside UM11673 MCU-Link Pro User Manual at the end of 4.3 VCOM (USB to Target UART bridge) ...

"Baud rates of up to 5.33Mbps are supported."

I checked this with MCU-Link (non Pro) updated to latest firmware v2.245, and UART bridge is working fine on 4 Mbps.

EDIT:

It is also working fine on 4.8 and 5.33 Mbps.

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @jh0 

I'm able to use it with 115200, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2020/11/29/new-mcu-link-debug-probe-from-nxp/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
jh0
Contributor IV

Hi Erich,

Thank you for all this things published on mcuoneclipse.

115200 is supported by all flashing / debugging master devices and this is not what I am looking for. I need highest possible baudrate in MBits for log from free running target device. I am using my 4 MBps CDC / UART bridge for this, but want to have it (flasher / bridge) in one device.

0 Kudos