Limitied Breakpoints setting possibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitied Breakpoints setting possibility

bernadettmarton
Contributor I

Hi, I am programming FRDM-KE02Z board, I am using recently the integrated OpenSDA (PEMicro) Debugger. I have recognised that I can set all together only two Breakpoints. What is the reason for this? Can it be the Debugger?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards, Bernadett

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bernadettmarton
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

thanks for the quick answer! I would like to try the JLink OpenSDA on my FRDM Board (as you suggested), but I do not know which version fit.

There are 3 different versions: OpenSDA, OpenSDA V2 and OpenSDA V2.1, but I have not found anywhere which one is for FRDM-KE02Z suitable. Can you help me on this?

Regards,

Bernadett

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bernadett,

see OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP . Your board is using the OpenSDA (v1).

Erich

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bernadett,

because the hardware has a limited number of hardware breakpoints (see Software and Hardware Breakpoints   for a general discussion on that topic). The Segger debug probe firmware (Freedom Board with Segger OpenSDA Debug Firmware)​ has a feature to set 'unlimited breakpoints', see SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Flash Breakpoints. So if you need that you could install the Segger firmware on your FRDM board.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos