Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KwikStik Demo SW - wrong provider for target Alert

Jump to solution
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Dear all,

I am just starting playing with Kinetis KwikStik K40x256, CW 10.1 running on Windows 7.

I managed to compile the Demo Software but when I try to launch it on the debugger I get this Alert:

The provider for target task "Kwikstik_Demo_k40x256_Int_Flash" is "Flash programmer for kinetis".
The expected provider is "Flash Programmer for ARM".

Do you want to skip this task and continue launching?"

If I skip it the code seems to start to run, but nothing appears on the LCD and then execution eventually gets blocked.

Does anyone knows how to deal with this?

I am really struggling to compile & run a basic MQX example...

Thanks!

Mik

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mik,

This behavior described should happen only if tou try to debug a project created with CW 10.1 with Update#2 (10.1.1), in a CW 10.1 without update. Try to update your CW10.1.

The problem here seems to be that while that target task file gets updated to the new provider name (Flash Programmer for Kinetis), the launch configuration associated in the project doesn’t.

A simple workaround for this issue would be to remove and re-add the target task in the download panel of the debugger options(see attached picture).

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LuisCasado
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mik,

This behavior described should happen only if tou try to debug a project created with CW 10.1 with Update#2 (10.1.1), in a CW 10.1 without update. Try to update your CW10.1.

The problem here seems to be that while that target task file gets updated to the new provider name (Flash Programmer for Kinetis), the launch configuration associated in the project doesn’t.

A simple workaround for this issue would be to remove and re-add the target task in the download panel of the debugger options(see attached picture).

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
michele_novalia
Contributor III

Hello Luis,

upgrading CW unfortunately didn't cause any change, but the workaround you mentioned worked!

Thanks for this!

Mik

0 Kudos
kdz
Contributor I

For those that are attempting to build the kwikstik demo and download it to the unit, I wanted to spread the word that there are other issues you will likely encounter even if you set the Flash programmer to Kinetis as suggested in the previous message. Presented here are the errors I saw and then the solutions (from a service request).

Errors::  #1 - a  "error loading data producer reader" error when I ran debug configurations (sometimes, not all the time).

#2 - target download error (every time). If you hit "continue" anyway, the debugger starts in psp_tkti.c module.

Solutions:

#1 -  I didn't get any answer to error #1 but it appears to not be critical.

#2 - Although several solutions were given to program the device, only one worked. The instructions are to erase

the device first and then program the kwikstik through the Standard download (see attached images).

Answer NO when you get the Secure Warning error message when programming. 

After you download the program successfully and run the debugger, the debugger stops in the module                     dispatch.s.   This seems wrong because other programs like "Hello World" immediately start executing from main() (from my memory).  Don't worry however. If you continue stepping I'm told you'll get to main() soon enough.  

0 Kudos