KinetisFlashTool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KinetisFlashTool

wba
Contributor III

I am using MKL27Z128 and need to be able to program the last 4 bytes of flash (0x1FFFC to 0x1FFFF).  I am using the KinetisFlashTool ver 1.0.0.1 downloaded in NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0.  Whenever any s-record in my file contains an address greater than 0x1FC00, I get the following error message:

Erase all memory of internal flash and unsecore the device. Completed!
Device information is updated!
Start update progress......
Updating image......
Error: Update image failed(kStatus_FlashAddressError).
Update process is stopped by error.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello BRUCE AHLEMEYER,

Please check your generated .srec file, whether it is exceed the 128KB?

Actually, you can check it in your application IDE project, you must make sure the code size is not exceed your chip max flash size.

If you are sure about it, you can send your application project, I will check it on my side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

angelinjohn
Contributor I

Hi Bruce,

blfwkdll.dll for Kinetis Flash Tool is different from the one used by Kinetis Updater application in the Kinetis bootloader v1.2 release package. Do not move, edit, or exchange them.
•The KinetisFlashTool.ini file is the initialization/configuration file. KinetisFlashTool loads history information from this file at startup and saves it when it is existing, not during the execution. See Section 3.1, "KinetisFlashTool.ini file" for more detailed information.
•The bootloader.log file contains the detailed data transferring between host and target device during the life time of this program, aiming to offer information for review or troubleshooting.
NOTE
1. KinetisFlashTool.ini and bootloader.log does not already exist in the package. It is created after the program first launches. If the user does not require the history information, they can delete them without hesitation.
2. The text in bootloader.log is completely different from the text in the log window.The former offers the detailed data transferred by Kinetis Flash Tool. The latter. Check for assignment writing service

0 Kudos