Kinetis K60 bootloader for Keil uVision

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K60 bootloader for Keil uVision

waynelai
Contributor I

The application note for Kinetis K60 bootloader "AN4368", "AN4370", "AN4379", "AN4605".

There are no example for Keil uVision.

Does Freescale have updates for Keil uVision support ?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Wayne:

The appnotes you mention use USB as the bootloader interface. But you may want to give a check to AN2295, which includes projects for Keil uVision. This bootloader uses a serial UART interface.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

waynelai
Contributor I

Hello Jorge Gonzalez,

I've downloaded an2295sw.zip to build with Keil uVision4,

but a warning message as below.

.\Kinetis_K_100MHz\AN2295_KinetisK_100MHz.axf: Warning: L6305W: Image does not have an entry point. (Not specified or not set due to multiple choices.)

I've read the an2295.pdf, but it does not mention about the Keil uVision.

Does it matters ?

How to fix ?

By the way, does .hex format can be used with serial bootloader ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Wayne.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Wayne:

I have not used Keil much, but according to the message the linker is missing a reference to the entry point. However, seems that the project already has a vector table with "__main" specified, so I think there should be no problem with that warning.

As for the hex files, you cannot use those. The PC bootloader tool specifically asks for a S19 file.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

waynelai
Contributor I

Hello Jorge Gonzalez,

So the hex file, we need to use tools to generate to S19 files.

Where can I find this tool ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Wayne.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Wayne:

How are those Hex files generated, by Keil?

So far I never had to do that conversion (hex -> srecord), so I do not know of a specific tool, sorry. But I guess you can find some options searching in the web.

I have only used Burner utility that comes with CodeWarrior, but it seems that this only applies for the opposite procedure (srecord -> hex).

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

waynelai
Contributor I

Hello Jorge Gonzalez,

Thanks a lot.

I'll study it.

0 Kudos

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. Kinetis Microcontrollers ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos