cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K60 Microcontroller for Motor Control Application

kannana
Contributor I

Hi,

We referred one of your application note( AN Name: BLDC Motor Control for Respirators), Which states that Kinetis K60 is capable of controlling BLDC motor up to 60,000 RPM.

We need Micro controller, Which is capable of controlling BLDC motor up to 60,000 RPM for Medical Respirator device.

Please share more details of above microcontroller for BLDC motor control application.

We wanted to understand what will be the percentage of CPU utilization if the motor is run at full 60000RPM. Will this controller be good for his application or whether he should consider some other option for the same.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Kannan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

perlam_i_au
Senior Contributor I

Hello Kannan:

Well in this  application note the recommended micro controllers are the MCUs: K6x you can visit the product home page for one of these devices sub families in order to get detailed information, I suggest you to visit the page for K60_100: Kinetis K60 Ethernet 100 MHz MCUs.

Regard percentage of CPU utilization running this application at 60,000 RPM, this information has not been characterized but these microcontrollers sub family (From Kinetis MCUs based on ARM® Cortex®-M Cores) are the ones with more capabilities and probably you will find a device which can fit your requirements with K60.

Have a great day,
Perla Moncada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos