cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Examples

georgiad
Contributor III

Hi

Is there any user's guide how to work with the example projects for Kinetis512_SC.

I cannot understand which header files are required for the correct operation of

CW10.1 with these examples. There is no any document in the examples zip file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

anthony_huereca
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

.eww files are IAR workspace files.

For CW10, look at the readme located in the directory at: \kinetis-sc\build\cw\cw_readme.txt for how to get started using the projects with CW10, including setting up the workspace, importing projects, and starting the debugger. 

Right now there is only a CW10 project in there for the hello_world example, but you can either copy and paste your own code into that project, or use the make_new_cw_project.exe program to make a new project based off the hello_world one. It would look for source code files in the folder at \kinetis-sc\src\projects\the_name_you_chose_for_the_project

So for example if you choose "lptmr" as the project name, your new project would look for source code files at \kinetis-sc\src\projects\lptmr, which convinently already exists! 

The sample code is in the process of being updated for K53 and to add CW10 support by default to most of the projects. Expect to see that soon.

0 Kudos

sridharTAGV
Contributor I
0 Kudos

ChristopherCole
Contributor I

I see mention of .eww files throughout this zip fie.  So, are these examples for IAR or for CodeWarrior?

How do you load these example projects with CodeWarrior?  I did not find a readme in that zip file explaining this.

Thanks,

-Chris

0 Kudos

lukas
Contributor III

with IAR there is no problem to start example without manual but with CW there

is no chance to do it without significant help

0 Kudos

sridharTAGV
Contributor I

there is a read me file in that zip file. Follow accordingly.

0 Kudos