Kinetis Bootlooader without KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Bootlooader without KDS

burgeh
Contributor IV

Is there any program or executable I can use to load the bootloader code without using the KDS v3.2 with a JLINK. I am using a K22FN256 chip. Can the KinetisFlashTool be used to load the bootloader? It seems that it is just for applications.

kerryzhou

Thanks!

3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

if your board has an OpenSDA circuit on it with a MSD firmware, you can load it that way.

Otherwise you need some SWD/JTAG programming tool like a Segger J-Link, P&E Multilink or a LPC-Link2.

I hope this helps,

Erich

burgeh
Contributor IV

Thanks for replying,

Okay so I use a Segger J-Link, no OpenSDA circuit. Therefore, to confirm, I always need to open KDS and load the bootloader on?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Christopher,

If you are using the JLINK, you can use the software under JLINK driver, eg, JLINK commander with command: loadfile xxx.bin

Or you can use the JFLASH or Ozone software, these software can download the app file directly with the JLINK, you just need to get the app.bin, app.hex ect. Don't need the IDE.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos