cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW41z Freertos BLE raw data transfer

lschoenfeld
Contributor III

Dear,

I'm using the KW41Z and like to transfer raw data. Is there a profile to perform data transfer?

Regards

Lothar

0 Kudos
8 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lothar, I hope you're doing well!

These guides for creating a custom profile for a client or server might be useful to help develop the application you want:

How to create a Custom Profile - Client

How to create a Custom Profile - Server

Those documents explain the process for defining the profile, adding characteristics, client and server structures, registerting the UUID, and other parts of the process.

Could you please take a look at them and see if they work for you?

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

lschoenfeld
Contributor III

Dear Sebastian,

thanks a lot for the support. I read the documents and notice that I forgot to tell you that I like to transfer block data.

In the mean time I found the quintic private profile in a QN902x SDK. Does something like that exist for the KW41z?

Regards

Lothar

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lothar,

Currently, There's no Quintic Private Profile example provided with the SDK, however, you could implement it using the custom profile guides I linked you to in the previous response and using the following document for all the requirements for the profile.

QPP Proprietary Profile Guide

Please let me know if you need help implementing it, or if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

lschoenfeld
Contributor III

Dear Sebastian,

thanks a lot.

I found also the QPP programming guide. QPP Programming Guide

Exist any futher documentation? 

If you could help me to implement the QPP I would be very thanful for the support.

Regards

Lothar

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lothar,

Those are the QPP related documents that we can provide, however, you could base yourself on the implementations provided for the QN9080 in the device's SDK.

There are two implementations, one for server and one for client, provided in the package, and they can be found in the following paths:

Client: …\SDK_2.2.0_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\private_profile_client

Server: …\SDK_2.2.0_QN908XCDK\boards\qn908xcdk\wireless_examples\bluetooth\private_profile_server

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

lschoenfeld
Contributor III

Hi Sebastian,

I reviewed the two QN9080 projects. The challange is the totally different code structure. Is someone from you able to do the implementation?

Regards

Lothar

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lothar,

The implementation of it will need to be made by yourself as it would be a custom profile for this device and we currently don't have an example of that implementation for the KW41Z family of MCUs.

I'm really sorry for the inconveniences this may cause you.

Best regards,

Sebastian 

0 Kudos

lschoenfeld
Contributor III

Dear Sebastian,

thanks a lot for the comprehensive support.

Regards

Lothar

0 Kudos