cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW38 UART not working when changing pin config

Jump to solution
nidhintomy
Contributor IV

"hello world." is not printed on output terminal.

I am using frdmkw36_demo_apps_hello_world example.

I change LPUART_RX from pin 42 to 38 and LPUART_TX from pin 43 to 39 by using mcuxpresso pin config tools. Also i tried with LPUART_RX - pin 46 and LPUART_TX - pin 47.

How to print "hello world." using LPUART_RX as pin 38 and LPUART_TX as pin 39 ?

Best Regards,

Nidhin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nidhim,

Could you please help us with more details about your print interface?

Just to confirm, are you using the FRDM-KW38 or is it a custom board?

The FRDM-KW38 EVB OpenSDA Interface routes pin 42 (LPUART0_RX) and pin 43 (LPUART0_TX) to an USB interface, which makes the console printing (on your PC) possible using this interface as source when connecting the board via USB (J11).

If your application is intended to print data in console (on your PC), and UART pins need to be changed (for example, to pin 38 and pin 39), you may need to implement an external UART to USB converter when using UART for serial printing.

Also, if you are using a SDK example project, please note that UART should be selected in Project Options when importing the example:

EduardoZamora_1-1664295098185.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EduardoZamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nidhim,

Could you please help us with more details about your print interface?

Just to confirm, are you using the FRDM-KW38 or is it a custom board?

The FRDM-KW38 EVB OpenSDA Interface routes pin 42 (LPUART0_RX) and pin 43 (LPUART0_TX) to an USB interface, which makes the console printing (on your PC) possible using this interface as source when connecting the board via USB (J11).

If your application is intended to print data in console (on your PC), and UART pins need to be changed (for example, to pin 38 and pin 39), you may need to implement an external UART to USB converter when using UART for serial printing.

Also, if you are using a SDK example project, please note that UART should be selected in Project Options when importing the example:

EduardoZamora_1-1664295098185.png

Regards,
Eduardo.

nidhintomy
Contributor IV

Hi @EduardoZamora 

Thanks for clarification.

I am using KW36 EVB.

Best Regards,

Nidhin

0 Kudos